Can I take a purse on White Water Canyon?

AokCats

I have a medium-large water-resistant "purse" that'd I'd like to just keep with me. I've been on WWC in the past, but it's been a while and I wonder if they'll allow me to take the bag on the ride? I don't want to wait in line just to turn around and leave, and I am NOT leaving my bag (even if it were empty) in a bin. Thanks!

• Like 2

WWC is my wife's favorite ride, or attraction, or whatever you want to call it. As of last year she had to leave her bag in a locker or at the station.

And if Capt. Biscuit is manning the cannons, I would probably say that's a good idea.

EDIT I was typing as Silver posted, so now I'm not positive.

• Like 4

Thanks so much everyone for the quick answers. I didn't want to hassle with a locker, and given the average markup on everything I thought they'd be like $20 or something :wacko: , but if it's just a couple of bucks it's probably worth it. 

BTW, "water resistant" = heavy fabric lined with plastic inside, zippered top, don't care if it gets wet and not too concerned if anything inside gets wet.  :)

• Like 3

^^^ I could be wrong, but I believe the metal laid on the stairs/catwalks/other surfaces are different on some rides and attractions. Some I believe have different textures for non-slip. I.E. Diamondback....I think the flooring of the stairs/catwalks on the lift hill are diamond treaded (see picture below)

grip_span.jpgSource

I'm fairly positive the reason the tread is the Diamond style for non-slip (not because it's named Diamondback) since there is a possibility of moisture accumulating on the lift hill cat stairs/catwalk due to the splashdown.

• Like 2

Captain Thrillbeard will hold off on his usual one-or-two-cannon salute under the following circumstances:

1. Visibly frightened or crying small children (it's just not cool);

2. Full boatloads of already-drenched riders (waste of a good quarter);

3. Boats where, within reason, riders are trying to hold valuables clear of getting wet (including electronics that appear to be turned off);

4. Most importantly: Boats with any rider who is violating safety rules (I will not interfere with the op advising them to correct it).

If he hears the mid-course operator telling a rider to put a phone/camera away, and the rider emerges from under the trestle defiantly still video-recording, the Captain will gladly fund, and solicit all around to join in the unleashing of the Kraken!

WWC2.png

Simulated image. I will not use photographic or video equipment on rides without express, written permission.

• Like 14

Captain Thrillbeard will hold off on his usual one-or-two-cannon salute under the following circumstances:

1. Visibly frightened or crying small children (it's just not cool);

2. Full boatloads of already-drenched riders (waste of a good quarter);

3. Boats where, within reason, riders are trying to hold valuables clear of getting wet (including electronics that appear to be turned off);

4. Most importantly: Boats with any rider who is violating safety rules (I will not interfere with the op advising them to correct it).

If he hears the mid-course operator telling a rider to put a phone/camera away, and the rider emerges from under the trestle defiantly still video-recording, the Captain will gladly fund, and solicit all around to join in the unleashing of the Kraken!

WWC2.png

Simulated image. I will not use photographic or video equipment on rides without express, written permission.

Depending on the device that may provoke further recording.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

My all-time favorite is the red one. When everyone brings their arms back down from the "don't drench me" position, thinking all is clear, I shout "Hey, what's that red thing?"

To my never-ending glee, they just HAVE to look. Every. Single. Time.

It's precious.  :(

• Like 9

My all-time favorite is the red one. When everyone brings their arms back down from the "don't drench me" position, thinking all is clear, I shout "Hey, what's that red thing?"

To my never-ending glee, they just HAVE to look. Every. Single. Time.

It's precious.  :(

Why the sad face emoticon?

• Like 1

On the preferred water cannons at WWC, I prefer the ones at the tail end of that area by the employee tower.  I've noticed that most riders are focused on the row with the red, blue, white, etc cannons.  Those final ones are great at catching them by surprise, even when they get blasted by the first sets.  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

My favorite use of the tubes (at least at tower 3) was to push the button till the water comes out about a foot or two and then let go that way it hits the rider and absolutely soaks them. Did I mention I'm evil like that :)

At least when I was a ride op when it was PKI

Sent from.... Hello is this thing on?