Zephyr rehab

Magenta Lizard

We were talking about this in general discussion, but when I checked it out last evening, it appeared it will need its own thread.

They haven't removed the individual swings yet, so maybe this won't be a several weeks' long overhaul. If it is, I look forward to a refreshed ride. If not, I look forward to riding it sooner.

dde13324c6c905f62b274e0aa513eb9f.jpg

They've removed enough of the trim pieces so that the carousel-like top is now at ground level

0bd481710ba01cc47c4c43dad5982300.jpg

1d41a6dd061e20fc2cbf9d9de0aff0f1.jpg

57b2ba233177a2b169f43108606149f7.jpg

• Like 18

I'm all for spinning rides but I find Zephyr almost disorienting. It is my opinion that it is too compact to be moving at the speeds at which it does. I find the larger Hallow Swings to be closer to relaxing than Zephyr is.

• Like 1

I find the larger Hallow Swings to be closer to relaxing than Zephyr is.

Larger? I was under the impression that HallowSwings and Zephyr were exactly the same make, model, and size.

That would be incorrect, Zephyr is a Zierrer WaveSwinger while HallowSwings are a Zamperla custom flying carosoul. They rotate in opposite directions from another and the HW version is slightly larger as far as I know

• Like 2

I would love to see them preserve the murals up on top when they finally complete the rehab project

Me, too! I like that look. Imagine the painters who originally decorated it- I wonder if they knew how many people would see and appreciate it?

• Like 2

I would imagine that they would not do a rehab in the middle of the season.  Not saying for sure.  A mechanical or electrical issue likely is the cause of the ride being down.

Shake, Rattle & Roll would disagree with you.

They did a rehab on Shake Rattle and Roll because it was going to be down the rest of the season.  They are independent events.

I see a full rehab along with new LED lights! After all Cedar Fair and Kings Island has said that they will be slowly upgrading Coney Mall over the next seven years!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you show a source where they said they'd be upgrading Coney Mall over the next seven years?

I don't quite remember that.

Sent from the cellphone Zach Morris used in Saved By The Bell using Tapatalk

It could also just end up being a short rehab/mechanical fix like Monster had. It was down last season for a week or two and people kept assuming the same as here of a big rehab with new lights but it came back just the same. Would love to see LEDs added on but we won't necessarily get them on every ride each time they take it down.

• Like 1

It seems like Cedar Fair is deferring a lot of off season maintenance. The park never had issues like this in the past. First it was Shake Rattle and Roll, then Monster, now it appears to be Zephyr.

I wouldn't say it is an issue, more so as making good use of time. Ridership could be way down and they wanted to get a head start. Maybe this rehab will help the ridership grow.

Who knows, they could be moving it for all we know, over near #Project2017

Sent from the cellphone Zach Morris used in Saved By The Bell using Tapatalk

• Like 1