Zephyr rehab

Magenta Lizard

I hadn't noticed something missing there at the exit until I looked at my pics, and didn't know what it had been till someone mentioned it. But since it was light out this time I looked, I saw the button is actually laying on its side down in the plants

9d2837eb0f3cd913998e6a56eae565a1.jpg

I also saw some more of the decorative pieces are lined up behind the control booth

3e9f94ce9f2e1f7a83183b1f0b6cb6cd.jpg

And there are buckets underneath, but I have no idea why

da618dea576511230f5b7633fe49a172.jpg

• Like 7

It looks like the ride is being disassembled similar to off season maintence. I believe the buckets are for nuts, bolts, and other small pieces. Hate to say it but I suspect that this is it for the ride this season. Even if it is finished early enough to return it is a lot of work to rebuild it just to take it back down a few weeks later. Assuming it can be finished that quickly.

I am guessing when it returns next year it will look brand new and be upgraded with LED lighting.

• Like 6

So let me get this straight: KI is dismantling Zephyr and Shake, Rattle and Roll?

No. Shake, Rattle, and Roll disappeared midseason in 2014, and returned at the beginning of 2015 with an all-new paint scheme and light package. The reference to it is by people wondering if the same is going to happen to Zephyr, which is currently partially dismantled as the photos show..

EDIT: What ^ she said. :)

• Like 1

It seems like Cedar Fair is deferring a lot of off season maintenance. The park never had issues like this in the past. First it was Shake Rattle and Roll, then Monster, now it appears to be Zephyr.

Don't forget Scrambler just got a rehab, new paint colors, and new LED lighting package this year.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

It seems like Cedar Fair is deferring a lot of off season maintenance. The park never had issues like this in the past. First it was Shake Rattle and Roll, then Monster, now it appears to be Zephyr.

Don't forget Scrambler just got a rehab, new paint colors, and new LED lighting package this year.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

As far as I have been told this wasn't seasonal maintenance. There was a hydraulic leak. This was just a repair.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Yea I don't think they've added any lighting packages during the season. Seems like this was a similar case as Monster from last year. Honestly while I love the new LED lighting packages, I just can't picture this ride having something like what Scramble, WS, and SR&R have. It seems to jarring in my mind to have these bright colors and patterns with very subdued, classic paintings on it. Think the ride would need a completely new look with the lights, including the photos. 

Think could be cool to see it actually be moved over near the Eiffel Tower and a new small flat ride with LED lighting package in its spot. Could have a classic area around the base of ET with the Carousel and Zephyr and maybe another new flat or two or antique cars, then have Coney Mall be lined with flats with bright LED light packages on them.

• 1 month later...