Dorney Park: season-long Fast Lane Plus

Hmmm.... That might make fast pass lines longer than the regular ones

Sent from the future while riding #KIProject2017 using Tapatalk

What would A Dorney Park issued pass have any bearing over the lines at Disney?

Disney - FastPass+

Cedar Fair - Fast Lane (and +)

• Like 5

If it wasn't already towards the end of July I would have bought it. It's not needed on the ride side except for Wild Mouse and Thunder Canyon but would be really helpful for the water park attractions on Fast Lane Plus. It would also allow me to go to Haunt on a Saturday, one of the few times the rides can get long lines.

I hope this comes to KI/CP... although at a MUCH higher price point.

It's selfish of me, but I hope it doesn't. Season passholders can ride things anytime they please. They can go on a random weeknight and ride something whenever they want. Out of state visitors who can only visit for a day wouldn't get to do much if the Fast Lane lines were even longer than they already are. I'm fine with paying a ton extra to make sure I can actually get in a few rides by the end of the day. I save up and forego other things cause it's worth it to me. But if the majority of guests have Fast Lane passes, that'd kinda ruin things. The Fast Lane lines would be longer than the regular lines. At Cedar Point in particular, it would get completely out of hand.

I suspect this works better at Dorney because it's a smaller park. Maybe a large percentage of their guests are season passholders.

• Like 2

That's true of people that live near the park but not all season pass holders do. I live just over 2 hours away and have had season passes for the past 4 years. I don't have that option of just going over for an evening to ride a couple rides or things. I would usually only get there a few times a year still. The season pass will pay for itself in about 2 visits so would get it since got extra perks with it and would cover the cost.

I just don't see too many people that have the options you state as spending the extra money for it since they can just go back when its slower and ride the rides then. I suspect that if CP of KI got this that the cost would be much, much higher, as the cost Dorney Park is offering is about the cost of a single day Fast Lane Plus at our parks.

• Like 3

This is something Six Flags started this year.  It is $499 at Magic Mountain, $399 at Great Adventure, $399 at Great America, etc.

I would expect this type of pass to be $399 at a minimum at Kings Island, and even higher at Cedar Point.  But the price at Dorney surprises me, $99 just seems too cheap.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I would give an update on this. I bought it last week and have been to the park twice so far since then. The first trip it didn't really help much except for the Boa Blasters (same as the tube slides at Tropical Plunge) that were around 15 minutes. Today it was about the same at Boa Blasters and then on the ride side some of the coasters were 15 - 30 minutes.

The instructions online stated to go to the Fast Lane booth at the entrance to get the wristbands except both times it has been closed and I have had to go to Guest Services. I expected to see some more people using Fast Lane with it now available for the season and both trips I saw less than 5 others total using it.

I already technically got my money's worth since it is regularly $60 a day except I would have never bought it at that price. If I get to the park 6 more times before the season ends, that would be 8 trips total with Fast Lane / Fast Lane Plus (after Labor Day there is no Fast Lane Plus so you get regular Fast Lane) working out to $13.75 per trip (including taxes and processing fee from ordering online) which I feel it is worth it if it saves even a few hours in line each trip.

If the park offers it again next year and it is $150 or less for a full season I would probably get it again.

• Like 3