Where to Charge a Cell Phone at Soak City

lebeau

Hey gang,

I'm probably taking the kids to Soak City tonight.  My plan is to camp out at one location and let them have fun.  Is there a good spot to charge your phone like Starbucks at the dry park?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Camping out at Starbucks would be my preference.  It would certainly be a lot easier for me.  I just worry about being that far from the kids.  So I will probably have to sweat it out.  We're going after work, so spending $18 on a locker for a few hours is out and I'm guessing umbrellas will be taken by then.

I bought a lipstick charger recently for $10, and it has been really handy. I used to typically leave my phone in the vehicle to charge for an hour or so partway through the day if I was going to be at the park open until close. Now I just plug it to the portable charger every so often. It can charge my phone a full charge a couple times (more than I need). Best $10 I've spent in a long time.

• Like 5

They have lockers you can rent for the day for 18 bucks that have chargers inside them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The sad part about those lockers, is the charging system is WAY under powered.  We got one of those one day, and phone recovered 10% in 3 hours. That was last year though, so maybe they've improved. 

• Like 2

^ That is a common problem in many powerbanks.. Most phones need at least 1A to charge properly. USB supplies 5V but if there are not enough watts supplied by the power source each port will not get enough amps. When looking at multi port USB desk or wall charges it is very important to look at the watts or you can't really use all the ports at same time.

Basically you need about 5 watts to get 1A out of a USB port. Tablets use about 2.1 or 2.4 A to charge so if you have a 6 port bank that is powered by only 25 watts you cannot charge 6 tablets at once.

I am sure an EE can explain that better.

• Like 1

There is a phone charger right at the exit to the park ( I know, it's not in Soak City) , but isn't there a charger similar to it in Soak City? I think it's free and has multiple phone connectors like the ones located in most airports.

• Like 1