Season Pass Sale for 2017.

hausty1983

When did the 2014 season pass sale start? Was it with Banshee's announcement or later? (I wouldn't know. My family always procrastinates until literally the last hour of Fall prices to renew our passes.)

If 2014's sale did start with Banshee's announcement I wouldn't be surprised to see them start the sale earlier than usual.

Ok nice! Now if I don't have a Gold pass for this season can I renew last years for next year or how does it work now? I don't know at all. I am debating on a platinum  pass and would like to get up to Cedar Point more then 1 day out of the year.

I'm pretty sure both those scenarios will result in paying full price for either pass.  I'm about 90% sure you can't renew a pass that was previously good in 2015 for 2017. 

• Like 2

So if I purchase a pass for next season when they go on sale and didn't have one this year will it allow me to enter the park this season just at Haunt once or into the park just once and then that is it? I don't remember how this worked if you bought one before the month of August was over with if they go on sale that early. Can someone please explain?

So if I purchase a pass for next season when they go on sale and didn't have one this year will it allow me to enter the park this season just at Haunt once or into the park just once and then that is it? I don't remember how this worked if you bought one before the month of August was over with if they go on sale that early. Can someone please explain?

If you purchase a new 2017 season pass, traditionally they have allowed one visit as a benefit of buying early. The park has not released any 2017 pass pricing and usually do so around mid to late August. Check the website around late August.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I am hoping for Kings Island sake their site is wrong or they forgot to put the Gold Pass on there.  There is no way I am paying 20 dollars more for way less than I got last year.  The service in the park dropped dramatically this year anyway.    $120 for unlimited visits and that is it?  Please tell me I am missing something here.   

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/ticket-category/Season-Passes

Thank you.

Thanks for the Canada's Wonderland info.  For those of you who have Canada's Wonderland passes and will be renewing them - or for those of you who may get a new pass there - here are the specifics:

• It looks like the new for 2017 Platinum Pass price will be $189.  The renewal price is $184.50.  I'm going to assume those prices will be chain-wide.  Canada's Wonderland pass prices are in Canadian Dollars.
  • The current exchange rate is about $0.78 USD/$1.00 CAD, so a $189 CAD pass price will set you back about $148 USD before the sales tax is added.
  • The sales tax rate is 13%.  As such, a new 2017 Platinum Pass will set you back about $167 USD.  The renewal price is $163 USD.

New Canada's Wonderland Platinum passholders get one free visit in 2016.  Renewing Platinum passholders get the "free Fast Lane Plus during the 2016 Fall" renewal benefit.  Renewing passholders CAN renew online, but you can't complete the renewal process right now because Accesso hasn't fully set up the system.  I'd imagine that you should be able to renew online by the end of the week.

For those wondering - I just confirmed with a Kings Island guest services representative that if you have a non-Kings Island Platinum Pass you can "renew" the pass at Kings Island as an actual renewal.  Last year at Canada's Wonderland I had to process my 2016 Platinum Pass as a new pass and not as a renewal, which cost more and did not allow me to take advantage of the free Fast Lane Plus renewal offer.  I'm happy to see they're moving in the right direction on this. 

• Like 2

For those wondering - I just confirmed with a Kings Island guest services representative that if you have a non-Kings Island Platinum Pass you can "renew" the pass at Kings Island as an actual renewal.  Last year at Canada's Wonderland I had to process my 2016 Platinum Pass as a new pass and not as a renewal, which cost more and did not allow me to take advantage of the free Fast Lane Plus renewal offer.  I'm happy to see they're moving in the right direction on this.

That's cools because my wife's plat is a CP and I would rather them all be the same(KI) in case they are lost. Although the ability to add them to the phone app now makes it less of an issue.

So if we renew our KI purchased plats at CP, the free Fast Lane should be valid at CP?

Here's hoping. They aren't good for much at KI in the fall.

I renewed our season passes in August and used the Fall Fast Lane Plus on Labor Day weekend on that Sunday and it was well worth it. But yes I agree during October it was not of any use,unless you were there last day of the season. It was a crazy last day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So it seems season pass details have leaked...and I'm not happy. This article is mostly for platinum passes, but it appears non-platinum pass holders will have to pay $45 for all season parking added on to the pass price.   :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

"Guests with a non-Platinum season pass will have the option to add on all-season parking plans for $45.00."

http://cpfoodblog.com/2017-early-cedar-fair-season-passes-and-dining-news/