Season Pass Sale for 2017.

hausty1983

So a couple of things.  First, I do not see any mention of a preview day for renewing pass holders for the 2017 season.  

Second, if you are currently a KI 2016 Platinum Pass holder, and are going to "renew" to a Gold KI season pass in 2017, is that still considered a renewal and eligible for the Fastlane on Sundays an the free bring a friend ticket?  With a baby on the way in December, we likely will not have a chance to visit another Cedar Fair park besides KI in 2017. 

• Like 2

Based on past experience how quickly do the prices go up on Platinum? When I bought new in May or June I think they were $204 and were recently $210, but if I recall correctly the renewal price was $180ish. The free FL is not something I would be able to use.

So is the FL the only real benefit to not waiting until Spring?

Edit: CoasterRZ: I don't see a mention of the bring a friend free, where am I missing it?

• Like 1

Based on past experience how quickly do the prices go up on Platinum? When I bought new in May or June I think they were $204 and were recently $210, but if I recall correctly the renewal price was $180ish. The free FL is not something I would be able to use.

Typically the first price increase is right after closing day.
  • Like 2

So a couple of things. First, I do not see any mention of a preview day for renewing pass holders for the 2017 season.

Second, if you are currently a KI 2016 Platinum Pass holder, and are going to "renew" to a Gold KI season pass in 2017, is that still considered a renewal and eligible for the Fastlane on Sundays an the free bring a friend ticket? With a baby on the way in December, we likely will not have a chance to visit another Cedar Fair park besides KI in 2017.

Yes. If you have a platinum pass and want to renew to a gold for 2017 , you are eligible for the renewal benefits. You will need to exchange or pick up a new gold pass at the sales windows at the park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just as long as the gold pass is still valid for unlimited visits the rest of this season since we will be renewing.  I`d hate to have them tell me I only get one free visit.  If they let me keep the Platinum card, that won`t be an issue.

KingDingDong, that free bring a friend ticket was listed on the main KI page, and is not currently listed in the perks for buying a pass.

Way back in the day of Paramount Parks in the late 90`s early 2000`s, they used to give you two tickets to bring friends in the post season when you renewed your pass before the end of the season.  But back then, a purchased pass was good for the remained of that season with unlimited visits.  So if you bought a 2017 pass now and did not previously have a 2016 pass, you would get unlimited visits the rest of this season and next.

• Like 1

Question: I have a gold pass this year if I want platinum does it count as renewal or new pass?

Yes it qualifies as a renewal. You will need to exchange your gold to platinum at the sales window at the park

Typically the first price increase is right after closing day.

The past couple of years, the sale price has been extended out for 7 days past 7 PM on the last day of the season.  Also, the payment plan is only good if buying or renewing online.  Those paying at the park will be required to pay for the entirety of the pass at the time of purchase.  

• Like 1

Currently the girls and I only have Gold. I was planning on doing platinum next year will that still be considered a renewal as well?

Edit: Just getting home for work and went to get passes for next year and answered my own question... It is considered a renewal if you go from gold to platinum. Yay!!!!

Sent from Me using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Spent $80 this year for KI&CP, so I would go for $60, at least every other year. I am a little disappointed that the only time you see photographers is very early in the day. @SFSTL they are like rats, even wading in the lazy river to grab that oh so flattering shot of you stuffed in a tube.

• Like 3

Since the gold pass upgrade option became a hot topic for parents whose child grew to the over 48" height from the fall to the spring/summer they would require them to upgrade to the adult pass for the cost difference which was usually $15. Parents complained a lot and was featured on the news media reports so to eliminate all upgrading and height issues they decided one pass for all ages 3 and up. Kings Dominion is experimenting with a Pre-K pass for free admission to ages 3-5. You need to register the pass online then have it processed by April 2017 and they have free admission thru the Haunt. They are requiring proof of age i.e.: birth certificate or US passport to prove the age. If successful maybe it will be installed chain wide.