Season Pass Sale for 2017.

hausty1983

^^ Then definitely not worth the risk on only 4 platinums. Was hoping to save $30 per pass to pay for the passport cards to actually go to CW. Do they have that VAT Europe has or is a special amusement park tax?

We pay a lovely 13% "Harmonized Sales Tax" (HST) on almost all purchases in Ontario. 

If you add dining plans, you'd save about $40 per pass by renewing there, enough to cover passport cards. I wouldn't recommend renewing at CW if not planning to visit CW this year.

If you're planning to get passport cards, you should consider getting passport books instead if you think that you might fly internationally or travel beyond the US, Canada & Mexico in the next 10 years.

• Like 1

Harmonized. That sounds so lovely and appealing I get the warm and fuzzies. Count me in. :)

I know you're joking, but since I love edumacatin' folks -- it's called "harmonized" because the provincial government decided to combine the provincial and federal sales taxes in to one single tax.   ;)

• Like 3

^Just at the C & K parks. :) M, V, G & D parks are excluded.

New for 2017! All Season FunPix cardholders will get to capture, collect and share all of their photos at all other FunPix parks in 2017:

California’s Great America

Canada’s Wonderland

Carowinds

Cedar Point

Kings Island

Kings Dominion

Knott’s Berry Farm

What is the source for this? I did notice Funpix season pass was $5 more for 2017 on the KI website.

^ There doesn't appear to be any financial benefit to auto-renew and the window before prices go up is nearly two months, so I am told. Anyone on this site is fairly well plugged in so we are not likely to miss the deadline.

As I understood it, the auto renewal option was for 2018, since they posed the question when you renew your 2017 season pass.  I for one enjoy the time value of my money, so I opted not to auto renew for 2018.  I will more than likely renew in the fall 2017 window, but not before the park confirms that the 2018 benefits are equal to or better than the ones offered for next year.  I'd hate to make a non refundable purchase only to find out the park is shifting gears (who's to say that free Gold upgrade goes away, or maybe free parking? One never knows..)

• Like 4

This year renewals get one free FL in the fall and a free bring a friend ticket; both usable on Sundays this fall. I haven't seen anything about a preview night, though.

We are using ours this Sunday. Never used FL before so I'm super excited!

The verbage says they are valid in the fall.

Wouldn't that be post labor day?

Do they have valid dates on them?

This year renewals get one free FL in the fall and a free bring a friend ticket; both usable on Sundays this fall. I haven't seen anything about a preview night, though.

We are using ours this Sunday. Never used FL before so I'm super excited!

The verbage says they are valid in the fall.

Wouldn't that be post labor day?

Do they have valid dates on them?

Here is what the tickets say when you renew:

2017 SEASON PASS RENEWAL - Fast Lane PLUS
PRICE:$0.00

INSTRUCTIONS

Present voucher & renewed season pass at the Fast Lane booth, located inside the gate entrance on International Street. Voucher will be exchanged for 2016 Fast Lane Plus wristband-1 voucher per wristband. Valid 2016 Sundays only.

• 3 weeks later...

^ If you renewed from 2016 KI gold to 2017 platinum, note that your pass isn't valid at Cedar Point until 2017.

If you bought a new 2017 platinum pass, it would be valid for one free 2016 visit at the park you purchased it from. You wouldn't get renewal perks, though.

^ To answer your question about processing at the wrong park: they generally allow it (at least between KI and CP), despite wording on the vouchers and the online store that processing must be done at your home park.

But I doubt you'd want to process there since your pass won't be valid there until May 2017.

When you do process, make sure to verify that you have ID card(s) good for both 2016 (gold) and 2017 (platinum). In previous seasons, some guests have been told to keep their current-year pass until the next season when doing an upgrade. This season, I believe they are keeping both years' passes on the same card.

• 2 weeks later...

I just renewed my passes, but there is no mention of the free bring a friend ticket on Sundays this fall anywhere on the vouchers they sent me.  Any idea on what I need to do to take advantage of this part of the renewal promotion?  The paperwork only talks about the one free Fast Lane wristband.

Thanks

• Like 1