Season Pass Sale for 2017.

hausty1983

As mentioned earlier in this thread......when renewing online you must pick a photo option to continue (capture, upload, take at park). I certainly don't want to do any of those options and I can't remember what I've done in years past but our passes/pictures always carried over.

Thoughts??

As mentioned earlier in this thread......when renewing online you must pick a photo option to continue (capture, upload, take at park). I certainly don't want to do any of those options and I can't remember what I've done in years past but our passes/pictures always carried over.

Thoughts??

They are requiring everyone to have a new picture for next year, since some people may still be using pictures from around 2007, so you must choose one of those options.

Also, does anyone know the process for getting a new card for someone who renewed from a Gold Pass to a Platinum Pass.  IE can they get their platinum card this year and be able to use it for the remainder of the 2016 season (renewal) with the understanding that the platinum benefits do not work until 2017?

• Like 1

Wanted to mention, because it threw me:

When you renew this year, and print your "vouchers", there is no barcode on it to scan to get your Fast Lane, like in past years. Actually, you don't need to print anything. The free bring-a-friend ticket can be redeemed at the ticket sales windows, simply by scanning your pass. Same with Fast Lane wrist bands at the Fast Lane booth.

Very convenient.

• Like 1

When you renew this year, and print your "vouchers", there is no barcode on it to scan to get your Fast Lane, like in past years. Actually, you don't need to print anything. The free bring-a-friend ticket can be redeemed at the ticket sales windows, simply by scanning your pass. Same with Fast Lane wrist bands at the Fast Lane booth.

Very convenient.

I cannot find details for the free friend bit, but is that allowable on any public open day remaining, or does it need to be a Sunday like the fast pass thing? I have a few friends that might like to go, but I cannot plan when to take them!

They are requiring everyone to have a new picture for next year, since some people may still be using pictures from around 2007, so you must choose one of those options.

Also, does anyone know the process for getting a new card for someone who renewed from a Gold Pass to a Platinum Pass.  IE can they get their platinum card this year and be able to use it for the remainder of the 2016 season (renewal) with the understanding that the platinum benefits do not work until 2017?

First I've heard of the required new pictures. Ours are only a couple year old.

For the record.....I chose "take at park" for all of our passes and there was no problems using them this past weekend.

Very convenient.

Convenient yes but that pretty much restricts the benefits to the card holder which I understand is the premise. Last year my daughters friend used the wife's Fast Lane since should could not attend and we was going to let her use the Bring a Friend tickets since me or her will not make it back this year. Oh well.

I cannot find details for the free friend bit, but is that allowable on any public open day remaining, or does it need to be a Sunday like the fast pass thing? I have a few friends that might like to go, but I cannot plan when to take them!

Sunday only and one per passholder which must be present.

See my post above.

First I've heard of the required new pictures. Ours are only a couple year old.

For the record.....I chose "take at park" for all of our passes and there was no problems using them this past weekend.\

Of course you would have no problem using it this past weekend, its going to be the 2017 you may run into issues.  Why do you not want to use a new picture?  Uploading online takes like 10 seconds, doing it at the park right now probably would be a few minutes, but still no big deal.

I choose take picture at park last year when I renewed online and I didn't have to have my pic retaken last year. I may Stop By season pass processing this weekend and update my pic just because it's the same pic in had since 2010.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

The park will require a new picture if it is not meeting their criteria such as :

Difficulty judging the age

Side portraits

Any other person, objects or animals in the picture

Shadows on the face blocking a clear view

Any makeup, hats or other costumes that would change the appearance

All you need is a simple picture like a passport photo. With any renewal just choose take picture at the park and it will transfer the photo from years previously used pass. No need to stop by processing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we was going to let her use the Bring a Friend tickets since me or her will not make it back this year. Oh well.

Hint: It's called "Bring a Friend", not "Send a Friend". ;)

(If you really wanted to, you could drive to the park, get the ticket for her at the ticket window, and then leave. Your presence should only be needed at the moment of obtaining the ticket. But I don't know if you live close enough to the park for that to be practical.)

• Like 1

Can anyone tell me when you get new passes for next year and you get one free visit for this fall.  Is parking free with this visit are will you pay parking?  Thanks

You will have to pay regular price for parking at the toll booths. However, the people at the ticket sales booth may (not guaranteed) be able to refund that fee if you present your processed pass and parking receipt to them.

• 3 weeks later...

I renewed my pass through Cedar Point, but did the add ons of All Season Dining and FunPix. I'm doing it through the easy pay program which will end up being about $32 a month. I also did the autorenewal program. 

I think all 3 programs are good options. (Note I didn't get the all season drinks because I dislike that you have to carry a cup and then pay for lockers to store them if you don't want them stolen).

• Like 1

Considering that the price increase was $7.50 last year I am gonna guess $ 106.50 renewal and $ 130.50 for new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The season long Meal Plan has to be the best deal out there. You get 2 meals a day, 4 hours apart. I figure it takes 5 visits to pay for itself. You can eat anywhere you want in the park. I believe every place has an option on the plan.

I did see they the Tom+Chee stand wasn't offering anything this year, but was told they would be on the plan if they are there next year.

• Like 1

I did NOT get the meal plan this time around. I made the mistake of doing so in 2014 and 2015. Did I save money? Yes. Was that savings worth the absolutely HORRIBLE service? Hell no. They apparently figured that since they already had my money, and the money of a large portion of their customers, that there was no need to put any effort whatsoever into decent customer service.

Next year, Kings Island will have to earn my food money, because I will be leaving the park to eat at nearby restaurants unless and until they prove that they can consistently provide good customer service even though they already have many people's money.

• Like 2

Does anyone know if the All-Season Dining Plan will be accepted during Winterfest 2017?

I asked about that.... I want to start with the typical "this statement is subject to change" waiver.

All Season Dining will be accepted at typical in-park locations during Winterfest.  However, there will be additional and specialized dining options available which will most likely not be included.

I remember the Turkey Dinner that you had to preorder for Winterfest '05.  It was the best food I had ever consumed at that park, hands down.  If they have offerings like that at WF then I highly encourage you to partake.  It's a part of the whole experience.

I did NOT get the meal plan this time around. I made the mistake of doing so in 2014 and 2015. Did I save money? Yes. Was that savings worth the absolutely HORRIBLE service? Hell no. They apparently figured that since they already had my money, and the money of a large portion of their customers, that there was no need to put any effort whatsoever into decent customer service.

Next year, Kings Island will have to earn my food money, because I will be leaving the park to eat at nearby restaurants unless and until they prove that they can consistently provide good customer service even though they already have many people's money.

It thought you didn't get a pass this year....?

Granted, the food department had a lot of hurtles early in the season, they ultimately were able to smooth it over by June or so.  Ironically, I feel as though the food employees were the best department this year.  They had some systematic issues (directly associated with the maturation of the All Season Dinning Plan) but individual employees can't be held responsible for that.  The food employees used to be the butt of many jokes because of how rude and unprofessional they were.  This year, the kids seemed to always greet with a smile and work hard through their long days in those hot restaurants whilst dealing with hungry people.  Unfortunately they have handed off that baton of unprofessionalism over to the rides department this year who thought having the mic was play time.  

The season long Meal Plan has to be the best deal out there. You get 2 meals a day, 4 hours apart. I figure it takes 5 visits to pay for itself. You can eat anywhere you want in the park. I believe every place has an option on the plan.

I did see they the Tom+Chee stand wasn't offering anything this year, but was told they would be on the plan if they are there next year.

Yeah, as first reported by KICentral's Official Twitter according to the Tom+Chee folks at the park, they were testing the concept during Haunt with the hope and plan to stay next year, and would be on the dining plan if they did.

I renewed my pass through Cedar Point, but did the add ons of All Season Dining and FunPix. I'm doing it through the easy pay program which will end up being about $32 a month. I also did the autorenewal program.

I think all 3 programs are good options. (Note I didn't get the all season drinks because I dislike that you have to carry a cup and then pay for lockers to store them if you don't want them stolen).

I would gladly pay the $25 for the ability to get drinks for $1 all season.  See?  It's a win-win!!

• Like 1

Not sure about the drink/dining plans since we don't have that option but our Funpix account is linked to each of our cards.

You can do that? I had my FunPix account linked to my card but didn't know you could link it to other cards. That is kind of a big loophole ripe for abuse.

Technically you are allowed up to two cards per account. Unless that changes next season. Also interested to see if accounts will have to be completely remade.

We have it on 3 platinum passes......they offered and set it up, I didn't even ask for it on all our cards.

In a sense it should be that way. A whole family can share one FunPix account, I just don't think the gold/plat passes are set up in the system as a "household" like they are for something like a pool membership. I don't see the need for more than two cards set up for my family, but as they boys get older and I let them roam on their own or with friends it could be beneficial.