2017 2018 2019

westcoaster

Coney predictions, wants n thoughts. The little park on the banks of the Ohio that is contiously better each year.

The park that moved north, was reborn and has continued growth, fun, foid on the banks if the Ohio.

So for 17, 18, 19 thoughts wants predictions.

• Like 5

17 if the Son of Coney to the North clises Race for your lufe let Cedar Fair make a deal to bring it home.

If not a Tornado type wooden Coaster like at Strickers Grove

Winter 17 a Christmas village showcasing a winter walk through village shops fudge bond fires marshmalliw roasting, with a brand new train taking you to the north pole enclosed cars, serving hot chocolate, cookies awaiting the trip to the big guys house then board back up to the village train in Coney island summer would be animatronics robbers a story and trip to a island ...

18 sit down island breeze diner showcasing good food yesteryear history of Coney and incredible wait staff.

2 kids rides....

19, Sunlite Adventure family raft ride.

Bonus 20,

2 retro flat rides.

Lets hope this little park grows and grows.

• Like 2

There were some serious talks about five years ago to bring a family sized wooden coaster to the park, but those talks never materialized into anything.  I think a ride like that would be a huge hit.  Will we ever see it?  I don`t know.    

Coney`s long time park president, Vic Nolting, retired at the end of last year.  Rob Schutter is the new park president, and he is also president of Leisure Systems, Inc. (which licenses the Jellystone Campgrounds), which is the sister company to Coney that is also owned by Park River Corporation, which is in turn owned by Brenda Walker and Ron Walker Jr.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven`t heard any rumblings yet about what could be new for 2017.  With the big addition this year at Sunlite Adventure, hopefully the rides side will get something new.  Only time will tell.  If I hear anything that I can talk about, I will certainly let you know.

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Flooding is a fact of life at Coney.  There were wooden coasters at Coney back in its heyday, and they managed just fine, despite the floods.

I`ve heard some things about what might be in store for 2017.  I won`t say too much, but will say that not every improvement that parks get come in the form of a shiny new attraction.

• Like 7

Some of the walkways. I never realized what that was like until I had to navigate it in a wheelchair. Other than that, mostly just painting some of the rides that are starting to look like they're sad. Like the ferris wheel. The arcade also seemed lonely? Is that the right word?

But what do I know? I'm just a stupid kid.

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Im still on board for a small-medium wooden coaster or some variant of a Wild Mouse/Bigger portable coaster...maybe something like a Gerstlaur? I think I also brought this up in previous prediction posts, but if Coney could even spruce up some of its flats like Knoebels, that would be amazing. I'm talking stuff like enclose the Scrambler with fog machine/disco ball/music etc. Its an easy enough upgrade, and does wonders to the ride experience...Also, now that they seem like more of a common attraction, can we get some flyers please?

• Like 2

Never! Not-so-Pepsi Python was my baby back when I worked there, so I can't stand to see it go.  Capacity may have been crap with 2 6-passenger trains and a very late-course block to clear, but its still a pretty unique model that there aren't too many left of (different manufacturer and model, not exactly the Galaxi model some of it's counterparts are based on). The park has plenty of room for a 2nd coaster, and I think that will really boost Coney's appeal to have a second key attraction. I'd say Wild Mouse variant or the like or a wooden coaster, because that fits the general image the park already has, and there is plenty of room to expand thanks to all the land not used for events or attractions.

• Like 2