2017 2018 2019

westcoaster

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I went through this on opening night, this past Friday, November 10th.  It is well done, and in my opinion well worth the admission of $6.  Will be going through again at some point with my in-laws.  They have changes the route up a bit.  At the end of the route, you actually drive through the picnic grove (right past the river gate and flood indicator sign, which unfortunately they did not light up).  You exit the park by Riverbend and drive past the Dodgems and the Python before exiting the parking lot.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/2/2017 at 0:25 PM, westcoaster said:

Could a Jellystone campground be added to Coney, maybe a character if Coney?? Sure yogi bear would rock, but maybe luke what Americana had or set of new mascots. 

I have talked with numerous people within park upper management about that. Their response was that they are only allowed to use yogi bear characters ect with the campgrounds. I think Coney would have a great opportunity to put some along the river on either side of the river gate. But also the strict rules of the branding would also not allow us to do curtain things as well. Look for Coney in the future to bring more characters to the brand as well as themeing on the dry side of the park in the future. 

• Like 2

There really isn`t room on either side of the river gate to add a campground, as that is all part of the picnic grove area.

From what I have been hearing, there maybe new theming and signage added to the dry side of the park this season in matching some of the new signage that was added to Sunlite Water Adventure.  I have heard that the Como Cruisers attraction may have set sail for retirement.  Stay tuned for more information...

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing to report yet. 

There is a countdown to Coney`s official opening day (Memorial Day weekend) on their website though.  http://coneyislandpark.com/event/openingday/

Remember though, that Coney`s rides will be open for the Appalachian Festival, as well as for the Coney Season Pass holder weekend, the weekend before Memorial Day Weekend.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...