2017 2018 2019

westcoaster

I'm very worried about the river. At 59 feet half of new Richmond becomes under water. All of Coney island and riverbend is submerged. In fact tonight new Richmond declared s state of emergency. 

If some of these models are correct. With rainfall totals I've seen ranging from even the most conservative model at 3.5 inches to some showing upwards of 7 inches of rain until Sunday. This could turn into a disaster. I wouldn't cross out yet the possibility of it cresting near 1997 levels... gulp even a stretch of exceeding those levels. It all depends on where the rain falls. Just upstream like in 1997 would be the worst case scenario. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maverick44 said:

This news really sucks. It keeps raining too. Here in Columbus it's been raining since last week I feel like haha Riverbend is such an important  place to me =(

Riverbend floods almost every single year.  Coney floods almost every single year.  This is worse than usual, but still par for the course.

• Like 2

The last time the river was this high was 1997 and I think this year's flood surpassed that.  I drive by it all the time, and I'm hearing one of the major roads that goes downtown (US 50) is flooding in spots.  I've never seen that before. 

We're in good googly moogly territory now.

• Like 2

On 2/24/2018 at 8:08 PM, silver2005 said:

The last time the river was this high was 1997 and I think this year's flood surpassed that.  I drive by it all the time, and I'm hearing one of the major roads that goes downtown (US 50) is flooding in spots.  I've never seen that before. 

We're in good googly moogly territory now.

The 1997 flood hit 67 feet, about 6.5 feet higher than this years.

US 50 was temporarily closed at Delta Avenue, but due to flash flooding.

• Like 1

Yes, this flood was not as bad as 1997.  The park was inundated with water though.  In the last flood that hit Coney, in 2015, there was about a foot of water.  This flood likely had nearly four feet of water in the rides office.  I haven`t been at the park since the flood waters have receded.  I do know that the clean up process is already well underway.

• Like 1

Yes, fortunately it happened now, before the ride mechanics had started to put all the rides back together.  Back in 2011, it flooded at the end of April, and we had to cancel our ride operator trainings, and the Appalachian Festival, which is typically the first weekend the ride are open at Coney (Mother`s day weekend), due to a late spring flood.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Wonder why it'll only be open for 6 weeks? Is this a travelling Ferris Wheel?

Also, side-note, I haven't been to Coney in so long and I wouldn't mind going again sometime. However, I will be at Riverbend for Warped Tour this summer- that's close enough, right? :P

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hope with the Money Coney is Collecting on a mire Year round basis, within grounds of River Bend, and Belterra facility,  the little Park, that never seems to die, finds a way to maybe add a fun famiky dark ride with ir without Water, And another Coaster. 

Coney Isla d snd Sunlite Adventures. WOW. 

Coney future is bright 

• Like 2

The Belterra Park property is completely separate from Coney.  Coney does not make any money off of Belterra Park.  Coney does operate the concessions at Riverbend Music Center (which is actually owned by the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra), and does get revenue from that.  Coney also received revenue for parking from Riverbend, since Riverbend utilizes Coney`s lots for parking.  Every ticket to Riverbend has a "building and parking use" fee.  That is the parking fee that Coney collects, so that they can speed up parking on the day of the concert.

• Like 3