FINAL Predictions: #KIProject2017

BoddaH1994

I know that there are plenty of poles and posts with predictions for this Thursdays announcement but with being t-minus 4 days away from the unveiling (as of this writing) use this thread to make your FINAL prediction as to what you think it will be.  Let's see who can guess the most accurately.  Feel free to repost any renderings (your work work) or graphics from any other thread.

Who will manufacture it?

What will the layout be like?

Anything special about it?

Any records?**

What will the name or theme be?

**It has already been determined that if it is a wood coaster, Kings Island will likely reclaim the crown for the most board-feet of wood coaster track in one park.

Let's have fun with this, and we'll see you Thursday night!!

• Like 14

RMC

Might have elements of Son of Beast or Beast but I think it will be similar to Outlaw Run or Storm Chaser

Lots of airtime maybe an inversion or something like it, and hopefully it will be really fast.

Maybe fastest wooden coaster or most inversions on a wooden coaster although I doubt it.

Either something to do with The Beast but hopefully not Son of Beast 2 or something dumb like that, or something to do with speed or if it follows Kentucky Kingdom names something to do with Lightning or something.

Look forward to Thursday and if it is a wooden coaster, hope it is better and more successful than Son of Beast! Look forward to riding in 2017 an it should be an excellent addition to Kings Island! MaestroJr

• Like 6

Okay, my final guesses, and I look forward to seeing you on Thursday!

Manufacturer: Rocky Mountain Construction

Layout: Hybrid Steel & Wooden Twister with Barrel Roll Element

Anything Special About It: Will be the "nth" attraction built at Kings Island (like, maybe the 75th?)

Any Records: can't imagine any, given the data available. Guess: Fastest of its kind.

Name: Thunder Bear (random, but reasonable)

Theme: Related to River Town, possibly legends relative to bears encountered by loggers of the Pacific Northwest.

Bring on the week!  :lol:

• Like 7

^ only reason Kings Island does not have the record is an RMC. Goliath at Six Flags Great America which is counted as a wooden coaster because the track is five layers of wood plus topper track.

GCI

Out and back, twisty with air time hills

Standard GCI, so nothing special except metal support structure

No records

Force of nature, called something like Primal, Fury, or Primal Fury

Height: 110 ft

Length: 3300 ft

Speed: 55 MPH

• Like 6

GCI

Think: Prowler.

What is special: Over the river and through the woods layout.

No records. (105-ish foot drop, no inversions, a lot of fun with blind dips and banks)

The TimberWolf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Manufacture: Gravity Group

Layout: Like the leaked blueprints/Out and back

Special: Barrel Roll over the lake. KI claiming the world record for most wooden track. 

With the hint of barrel roll, and the likely steel supports with wooden track... Everything I see points to Gravity Group. Plus maybe my hometown pride is showing but c'mon GG is nearly walk-able distance to the park I think they would fight pretty hard to get this contact. 

• Like 3

Team GCI

Prowler + Gold Striker tunnels for layout

Nothing overly special.  No records.  Potential for being a fan favorite.

I think the name will be creature-based.  I'd like to see a bear type name, but there are already 2 Grizzlies in the Cedar Fair chain.  2nd guess would be wolf-themed.  Maybe "Wolfpack".

• Like 2

Who will manufacture it? Gravity Group

What will the layout be like? Several interactions with WWC

Anything special about it? Water features. Ability to shoot water at the coaster from the ground/canyon or vice versa.

Any records?** none

What will the name or theme be? Lumberjack, Timberjack, or Moonshine

• Like 4

Who will manufacture it?

GCI

What will the layout be like?

3750 ft Prowler/Regende esc Rollercoaster, multiple crossovers over WWC, sorta kind of a twister layout but will be Out and Back... possible inversion?

Anything special about it?

Tallest GCI in the states?

Any records?**

What will the name or theme be?

Wendigo... Timber Run? Bigfoot?

• Like 3

Manufacturer: GCI

Layout: Just as seen in the blueprint. Will interact with the lake and WWC.

Length: Around 3,300 feet.

No inversions, 100-125 feet tall.

No records other than most wooden track in one park.

Name and theme will have to do with nature or wooded areas.

• Like 3

GCI

We know the layout, but I'm expecting it to have plenty of airtime hills and speed. 

All wood except maybe the bridge over the reservoir and where it crosses WWC. Those may need steel to make the gap. 

No individual records for the coaster unless its one of those "most whatever coaster in Southwest Ohio" type deals. 

I think the special features will be it's interaction with WWC. I don't expect any inversions, but just the amount of times to crosses WWC will make it interesting. 

No clue on name.I think the theme/backstory will be that while clearing trees in the park, the lumberjacks uncovered something and its not happy. 

Manf: GCI,the RMC clues were too easy. Diversion at its finest.

Height: 150-199'

Layout: certainly not what the "key view" shows

Anything special: GCI first inversion on a coaster

Records: most inversions over water?

Name: Kodama

Sent from my iOS 10 device

If it's 199 it would be tallest in world.

• Like 1

GCI

Think: Prowler.

What is special: Over the river and through the woods layout.

No records. (105-ish foot drop, no inversions, a lot of fun with blind dips and banks)

The TimberWolf.

I'd like to add to mine that the name TimberWolf will be used as homage to the concert venue. It will be announced that TimberWolf will be closing after 2016 to make room for future attractions (eventually the long-awaited giga will be in that area, and we can start that decoding thread...)

:-)

• Like 3