Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

7bd5d71e5ef953b87756c1f3f1393194.jpg

871502ec0fd7317ea703e490a10d0635.jpg

c0bcd00d4627cd4775c54dfcc04713f1.jpg

Finally got over to WWC queue to get progress pics.

As I was taking them, a random guy asked me "what, you gonna build your own?"

I wish.

Hey! Let's go back to talking about Mystic Timber CONSTRUCTION, and not just off-topic junk about how to nickname it, or talking about Mean Streak... Anyways. It looks like our first footers are coming in. And It looks like they're making some big footer trenches with pop-up footers (See Diamondback's Hammerhead Turnaround for example.) Is what It will be looking like. 

• Like 9

It kind of seems like they have forever to get this thing done (April 2017), but I roughly figure 240 days (only ~160 if they take the weekends off).  Not a lot of time to build an entire wooden coaster and have it ready to open to the public.

• Like 3

It kind of seems like they have forever to get this thing done (April 2017), but I roughly figure 240 days (only ~160 if they take the weekends off). Not a lot of time to build an entire wooden coaster and have it ready to open to the public.

Not to mention the weather.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The aerial from the unused train station came from a Cessna 172.  I will try to get up periodically and snap a few shots.  That shot was taken by my 9 year old with an I Phone, so i'm pretty sure I can do better with a real camera. 

• Like 5

It kind of seems like they have forever to get this thing done (April 2017), but I roughly figure 240 days (only ~160 if they take the weekends off). Not a lot of time to build an entire wooden coaster and have it ready to open to the public.

And they have the winter to deal with. Luckily it's not the first time GCI has had to deal with winter construction so.. I think it will all end up okay.

It is crazy how fast coasters can be built, esp. When we see how long it can take for road construction

• Like 7

Hey, friends! This doesn't have anything to do with construction. It does, however, have to do with Mystic Timbers nonetheless. In a different thread/forum here, there has been much discussion about what the spoken nickname should be for Mystic Timbers. MT works well when typing, but it doesn't sound good when speaking. Seeing as so many people aren't huge fans of the name, "Mystic Timbers," we've been trying to come up with a nickname for the ride. And we still have more than eight months to come up with a nickname, because the ride won't open until April at the earliest.

What's your favorite nickname? Please feel free to take the survey below!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/6PSDS2Z

Sorry to keep everyone waiting in such suspense! The results are in the link below. The survey is still live, meaning you can still respond to the survey if you haven't already.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-FZXLN8DM/

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I discovered something on Diamondback when riding.

You can also see this from potato works.

There is a camera on top of the crypt building pointing towards the construction sight. I think this is our construction camera. Or also a security camera. But it may also be used for construction.

• Like 4