Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

I was honestly expecting the Diamondback webcam to serve as our construction cam this year. I think the last time a webcam for construction wasn't on the tower (waterpark addition aside) was WindSeeker

I Believe Banshee had a construction cam that was not on the tower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I was honestly expecting the Diamondback webcam to serve as our construction cam this year. I think the last time a webcam for construction wasn't on the tower (waterpark addition aside) was WindSeeker

Woodstock Gliders would disagree.

Also. I never said the camera was on yet. All I said is that there is a camera on The Crypt building.

• Like 3

I am so excited for Mystic Timbers. Kings Island is my second home park. My wife and I discussed this while on a trip to Carowinds. We are so blessed to have Cedar Point as our home park and have the beautiful Kings Island only 3.5 hours away.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 8

457a88d988acf642687cd2c1ecffd846.jpg

They've continued trenching and pouring around the corner.

3f49e85ec192861629de6e10fb5ee4ca.jpg

These appeared to be some sort of concrete poured in frames but I'm not certain.

1f19bb2fac934ed9f6ff035370eaa5aa.jpg

These metal pieces look like they may be pouring forms, but I'm not sure about that either.

41eb76fd0c83b53bb78c12a3d40e8917.jpg

It was soooo tempting to pull off one of these material description stickers, but I resisted. There were three or four, and the top one was dirty and rubbed off in places so my hand is in the pic so I could show a cleaner one. The things in the box were rebar pieces.

• Like 12

We won't be able to get these nice close pics of the work area soon, as they are itching to close WWC to get to work on the crossings. I think the ride would already be closed if it hadn't been so absurdly hot these last couple of weeks. My past few visits, WWC has been closed until later in the day, because they had the fences down to bring in mixer trucks*, etc.

83e9ea84325369bcb660104c5a25f31c.jpg

0babdf165473c3e33493df4c0414556f.jpg

a75e1bd6eb6b3bc2a18030e71a724426.jpg

We will apparently still be able to take pics from the train, during the /days/ in the fall anyway (I asked Don Helbig specifically if they'd be running during Haunt, and he said they wouldn't, only days). It isn't quite the same tho.

4f5b22ea29952af22b0fa51c0d7a2654.jpg

But we can see other areas from the train we can't see from WWC queue.

878a3bbd951c42b485559ca0b176617b.jpg

The retaining wall has been completed.

44d274887531017567cfd2fb34ea1df5.jpg

I couldn't see these really well, but they seem to be stacked trusses. Station maybe?

* I've heard in the past that mixer truck drivers can sometimes be a little nuts, trying to get the concrete to their worksite before it sets. When I was riding the train yesterday, as I was focused on taking shots of what had been poured already, I heard an unexpected blast of the train whistle. I looked forward, surprised, and saw a mixer truck driving rapidly into the job site to my right. He apparently just drove across the tracks in front of the train and I don't think the engineer was very pleased. I don't think it was close to an accident or anything tho.

• Like 13

I saw the process that they have to go thru on that Mike Rowe show (dirty jobs, or tough jobs, whatever it was called, can't recall exactly).  Basically have to set off explosives to get it apart then chisle away the rest.  I'm sure those truck drivers are instructed not to waste time.  IIRC, they have roughly an hour from when they leave the plant to when they have to get the cement poured.

With that said, no way they are as crazy as steel workers.  I've seen those guys putting up structure for both buildings and roller coasters, there is not enough money in the world to get me to do the job those people do.

• Like 5

I saw the process that they have to go thru on that Mike Rowe show (dirty jobs, or tough jobs, whatever it was called, can't recall exactly).  Basically have to set off explosives to get it apart then chisle away the rest.  I'm sure those truck drivers are instructed not to waste time.  IIRC, they have roughly an hour from when they leave the plant to when they have to get the cement poured.

With that said, no way they are as crazy as steel workers.  I've seen those guys putting up structure for both buildings and roller coasters, there is not enough money in the world to get me to do the job those people do.

I believe you mean Ironworker..  But yes.  Crazy!!!

Back to the Concrete trucks. Yes there is a finite amount of time to get the product poured.  Temp, humidity and the specific mix are all variables.

They definitely need to hustle to the site.

• Like 3