Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

I think they were asking why they aren't setting post holders into the concrete as opposed to drilling or lag bolting into hard concrete later on... Same strength either way it's just a matter of labor now or labor later, do you want to pay the concrete guys or the carpenters.

• Like 3

a75e1bd6eb6b3bc2a18030e71a724426.jpg

I know I shouldn't quote picture posts, but this was my favorite shot. For some reason, they look like big giant marshmallows in the ground. As far as what's in the shed, I'm not going to ask personally but in my mind, I think this is just an animation that riders see before heading back to the station. Thank you for the pictures Magenta Lizard. B)

• Like 10

Ran into Greg Scheid this afternoon today and asked him about the webcam on the Crypt building. All he said is you'll be able see more of the construction and that Mystic Timbers will be going vertical very soon.

Also took some pics of construction:

44670cdf728d74ecb9162a506c78d439.jpg

2150981fba8bdd3fa08dfcf48bffa29d.jpg

1b6d58554f2a3728bd3c6679232aa722.jpg

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

• Like 18

I am pretty sure the shed is either projectors or LED screens. I suspect there will be a random show scene which will be done by Triotech. I doubt it will be interactive. If it is interactive it will be based on detecting arm movement and not using physical guns.

• Like 4

Ok so with the closing of WWC today :( The only thing that would be fair is to go ahead and start the construction camera today. Now granted its not a great replacement for WWC but something that would kind of hold me over. Can i get a quick moment of silence for the abrupt early closing of IMO one of the best water rides our park has to offer.................................. Til next year WWC ;)

• Like 4

I would be awesome to see an interactive cam for Mysty construction similar to the cam that Holiday World uses for Thunderbird.

It would work for zooming in and out of different parts of the construction site to see the progress, as I imagine using the Diamondback cam all winter in the position it's in would prove to be quite difficult to really view what's going on.

• Like 3

I would be awesome to see an interactive cam for Mysty construction similar to the cam that Holiday World uses for Thunderbird.

It would work for zooming in and out of different parts of the construction site to see the progress, as I imagine using the Diamondback cam all winter in the position it's in would prove to be quite difficult to really view what's going on.

How about placing a camera at the top of Diamondback's lift?  That might work. 

• Like 3

How about placing a camera at the top of Diamondback's lift?  That might work.

Not a bad idea, actually. Hadn't really thought of that one.

On top of DB's lift would provide a great view, without the need of even having an interactive cam.

• Like 4

Anymore footers being poured or placed? :Feeling anxious: :)

Looked about the same as previous pics last night when electricsun and I took a ride on the train. To me there was more land clearing (at least since I was there last) further back closer to the engine house. WWC is closed, but boats were still on the ramp to the turn table? Supports are being assembled by The Crypt building.

• Like 4

You know, I kept asking myself how they're going to get the ride open for April if they're actually far behind schedule...

And then I watched the March 1979 POV of The Beast (The version with no Helix Tunnel) and I realized that, while they do need to finish the ride, They can begin testing if the track and supports are completed. The handrails and catwalks seen on most wooden roller coasters (if not nearly all of them) can be added while they're doing their testing. (Not directly while testing, But you know what I mean. They can be added over time until opening day, or close to it.)

Not only that, but The Beast looks massive with the trees not as tall as they are today.

• Like 6

I was at the park for the announcement yesterday, you can now see them assembling bents next to the old Crypt building.

14047362_1357260454302978_63363601591694

From Diamondback you can clearly see they're bents, no way to legally photograph from above though. Probably for the bottom of the drop.

By the way, hi! Long time no see. :P

• Like 12

You know, I kept asking myself how they're going to get the ride open for April if they're actually far behind schedule...

And then I watched the March 1979 POV of The Beast (The version with no Helix Tunnel) and I realized that, while they do need to finish the ride, They can begin testing if the track and supports are completed. The handrails and catwalks seen on most wooden roller coasters (if not nearly all of them) can be added while they're doing their testing. (Not directly while testing, But you know what I mean. They can be added over time until opening day, or close to it.)

Not only that, but The Beast looks massive with the trees not as tall as they are today.

If they are already severely behind, they started too late.  Barring a really rough winter, I see no reason they won't finish on time.

• Like 3

They don't have to worry about wind speeds or anything like that with wood coasters since they can fabricate the supports on the ground. With steel you already have fabricated parts so you may not be able to work some days because of wind. Kings Island isn't behind on progress. Then announced the ride in July. Thats super early compared to any other Cedar Fair ride recently besides Gatekeeper for obvious reasons.

• Like 4

Seeing as how the animation was done in NoLimits 2, I imagine they probably just used the program's automatic wooden supports feature. The main point of the animation was to showcase the ride experience, anyway, so there wouldn't really be much point to properly detailing all of the supports.

• Like 6