Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

^ no, I believe the queue is going to be where the fence is.

They paved the service road next to the train. It's also going into the area where the lift would be.

Looks like workers are cleaning and prepping the footers for supports. :D

I wonder if they will open up at least the WWC line up to the crossing so we can at least come near the construction site without being actually in it. 

• Like 2

Both areas have a fence making "by the fence" a bit confusing. I would guess that the teaser fence/old funnel cake area will be the entrance and the exit will connect with the new WWC path. The entrance would have stairs going over the train and the crossing/exit would be the handicapped entrance in this scenario.

• Like 3

I don't see how "by the fence" can be confusing in any way. Because the only fencing we are now allowed to be by for Mystic Timbers is the actual teaser fence.

You mean the fence over where the old funnel cake stand was? 

• Like 2

There is some interesting work going on right now.

That is interesting, wonder why they would put black plastic down. Unless the next step is for gravel to go over the plastic?

Picture Curtesy of the Kings Island Mystic Timbers Webcam. f63baa546b725acd9fd59fae0e5cd78b.jpg

Edit: At first I thought the grey was just sun glare off the plastic now I realize that they had already started spreading gravel at the time this photo was taken.

Sent from.... Hello is this thing on?

• Like 11

Landscaping cloth not plastic will stop the gravel from sinking into the ground when the rain and mud comes. Gravel will give them a clean place to work and they will be able to work faster when the workers are not covered in mud. Plus grass and weeds will not grow, they won't have to cut the grass under the ride, Imo. 

• Like 4

Landscaping cloth not plastic will stop the gravel from sinking into the ground when the rain and mud comes. Gravel will give them a clean place to work and they will be able to work faster when the workers are not covered in mud. Plus grass and weeds will not grow, they won't have to cut the grass under the ride, Imo.

Sinking? You mean settling and packing down, a solid base and properly drained gravel base will not sink into the mud. Actually weeds and grass will grow in the gravel on top of the weed barrier and if grass/weed killer is kept on the gravel(and weeds are pulled) then they won't have to mow. However it is still about the same amount of work.
  • Like 6

Sinking? You mean settling and packing down, a solid base and properly drained gravel base will not sink into the mud. Actually weeds and grass will grow in the gravel on top of the weed barrier and if grass/weed killer is kept on the gravel(and weeds are pulled) then they won't have to mow. However it is still about the same amount of work.

This. As a horticulturist, it makes me scratch my head that landscape fabric is still sold and advertised as preventing weeds. Using it for other applications is one thing, but my tip of the day if you're thinking about doing some landscaping, skip this step and save you some money. Plant material is going to grow wherever it wants and if that means soil drifting into gravel or whatever media, and weed seeds blowing into said soil, they're going to grow. Mother nature at its finest

• Like 5

That makes sense

Edit: really wish we had an Ariel view of the site.

Here's your Ariel view...

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=ariel&view=detailv2&&id=82CEFBDB42C5D704EAEDFBA2434CAC9640DC092C&selectedIndex=10&ccid=RGPf%2f9Y7&simid=608048206372078938&thid=OIP.M4463dfffd63b5d6704573c9821628a9ao0

Had to do it... Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 10

That makes sense

Edit: really wish we had an Ariel view of the site.

Here's your Ariel view...

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=ariel&view=detailv2&&id=82CEFBDB42C5D704EAEDFBA2434CAC9640DC092C&selectedIndex=10&ccid=RGPf%2f9Y7&simid=608048206372078938&thid=OIP.M4463dfffd63b5d6704573c9821628a9ao0

Had to do it... Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was great :). I meant aerial

• Like 2

This. As a horticulturist, it makes me scratch my head that landscape fabric is still sold and advertised as preventing weeds. Using it for other applications is one thing, but my tip of the day if you're thinking about doing some landscaping, skip this step and save you some money. Plant material is going to grow wherever it wants and if that means soil drifting into gravel or whatever media, and weed seeds blowing into said soil, they're going to grow. Mother nature at its finest
I used it under the mulch around my garden railroad, and as you stated that is what happened.

I also use it under the gravel roadbed for my miniature ride on railroad to keep any mud, dirt or soil from under the roadbed from coming in contact with my wood crossties. I know I am getting off topic but do you think in my case the keep is wasting money?

Back on topic, KI posted another picture of bents saying real soon. Just checked the webcam, no bents yet. :-(

• Like 1

I don't see how "by the fence" can be confusing in any way. Because the only fencing we are now allowed to be by for Mystic Timbers is the actual teaser fence.

See below screenshot. Queue and loading will be outside the train track. You can see the old funnel cake stand in the pov.

4d71f86239a05b0e2922b45230e2b586.jpg

Sent from my iOS 10 device

• Like 3

So If Mystic Timbers were to open today, would guest have to cross the tracks to get to the ride?

it appears that way. i think they'll build a walkway over the tracks.

I don't think we've seen enough to truly let us know yet.

When I look at the rendering two things stand out to me. The first is that the brake run, shed, and station are all high off the ground as if to make room for the train to pass below. The second is that those three elements stick off from the rest of the layout as if to fit into the former funnel cake location. Due to these observations, I'm of the belief the queue and exit won't cross the tracks. I predict the tracks will end up behind the station, but in front of the shed.

Again though, I don't think we've seen enough to know for sure. The Banshee rendering revealed much more about the plaza than MT's has. At the moment; however, I feel pretty confident in my above prediction.

• Like 4

Also of interest*, they've added a gravel access "road" across from the disused train station. It crosses WWC, and the canyon is gravel filled there to make that possible. Presumably they will remove it all by next season. It looks like they've done some more tree removal near the turntable. The new access road beside the reservoir, and the area between it and the turntable have all been asphalted.

265a4e763689cbe9ee951c1fa0344b96.jpg

573e64c1db19da9ae8249208a0bdae83.jpg

*I'll get pics Sunday if no one else has by then.

• Like 9