Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

Was at the park this evening and it looks to me that either black tarp was put down, meaning the station and shed will all be contained within the tracks... and that means just barely within it.. Or there was black.. something else.. almost lining the railroad track exactly.

• Like 4

745ef165ac3452c0149d19721b4326c9.jpg

Here's another shot of that new (presumably temporary) access road crossing WWC's trough.

I got a good look at the one footing poured that we were discussing earlier. It is very near the train tracks, and it is fairly clear from the trenches behind it that the tracks of Mystic Timbers are turning here to ultimately cross over the train. So I would say it is pretty certain at this point that the queue and station will be occupying the area behind the fence, previously occupied by the old Funnel Cake stand.

• Like 8

I'm actually a little surprised at how long it has taken for it to go vertical. Considering they made the announcement for MT a little earlier in the season than they did for DBack or Banshee, I thought they would start going vertical almost immediately after the announcement.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I'm just surprised we didnt have footers as early as we did with Banshee

If we did then we already knew it was a wooden roller coaster. Even though we've suspected it for a long time. It's hard to figure out a manufacturer for steel roller coasters when it's just footers.

• Like 2

Wooden coasters take a lot less time to build compared to a steel one and they can also continue to work in some weather that steel workers can't. So I'm not not surprised at the current rate of work or when they started the work. But on another note, has anyone noticed the shed that is being built by the basea of the lift. Maybe the motor room?

• Like 2

Nope didn't notice it.  I was wondering,  I'm sure its probably been asked but is Mystic Timbers going to go over the train,  like it goes over WWC?  I doubt it but that would be great!  :)

There was a short discussion on that topic last page. Here's my thoughts:

So If Mystic Timbers were to open today, would guest have to cross the tracks to get to the ride?

it appears that way. i think they'll build a walkway over the tracks.

I don't think we've seen enough to truly let us know yet.

When I look at the rendering two things stand out to me. The first is that the brake run, shed, and station are all high off the ground as if to make room for the train to pass below. The second is that those three elements stick off from the rest of the layout as if to fit into the former funnel cake location. Due to these observations, I'm of the belief the queue and exit won't cross the tracks. I predict the tracks will end up behind the station, but in front of the shed.

Again though, I don't think we've seen enough to know for sure. The Banshee rendering revealed much more about the plaza than MT's has. At the moment; however, I feel pretty confident in my above prediction.

No longer following the footers currently placed, I am now following the progress of the Bents being placed on the ride! We currently as of August 30th at 1:00pm, have 22 bents in place. 

YdLutgj.png

EDIT: By the way, I counted all of the Bents for the ride using the layout that was leaked. And there should be 538 bents through the entire ride. There might be a few missing, but that seems like an accurate number. 

So as of 1:30pm we have 23 out of 538 Bents in place!

• Like 7