Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

I was hoping to snap some photos to share last night, but I was too late for my train ride and twilight set in... pictures were too dark.  Thanks to other who are on the ball!

It is great to see the layout forming up nicely at the bottom of the first hill.  

• Like 6

Something else I forgot to mention. It looked like something was going on in the old funnel cake area, from Diamondback. That is noteworthy, because there has been pretty much no alteration of the area that I've seen, ever since the park opened this season.

From the train I could see they had moved a piece of heavy equipment over there and were using the area to store a few small trees or large branches. Because they've finished pouring the footings that approach the tracks from the opposite side (they're "birthday cakes" on top of the covered over concreted trenches now - sorry I didn't get pics of the specific area, but if you've followed my and others' construction pics, you should recognize what I mean) I suspect next week will continue with trenching and concrete pouring in the old funnel cake stand footprint. Unless they decide to leave off there and head around nearer the WWC area.

There was also a new vertical concrete area in the middle of the main clearing behind the train station. It looks like walls and is located where a rectangular pad of concrete had been poured last week, within the path of the developing coaster. I couldn't get pics of the pad from the ground (could see it from DB) so I forgot to mention it. I have a crappy pic of the vertical area, I'll see if I can crop it to where it makes any sense, if not I'll try to get a better pic tomorrow from the train or train station.

954b42bc79c9ba32f31eed2948e6e9db.jpg

That's it in the center of the pic, with cakes leading all up to it on the right. Taken from the train just before going over the trestle.

• Like 11

Based on the footings that have been poured, yes, the train will cross the railroad tracks by the old funnel cake location.  For reference, the footings that approached the train track were approximately twenty feet from the furn into the station (where the old White Water Canyon bridge used to reside).

Also worth noting, is that the large concrete box that has been poured is likely for the lift motor.

Also, they have moved some dirt into the reservoir area for White Water Canyon.  

So I wonder what way they will proceed with the footings.  

• Like 5

They also can't do much with the park open during the weekends. The bents are being assembled behind the Crypt building, and then transported across the train tracks to the work area. They can't do much with a train coming and going every 5 minutes.

Plus with an incident I heard from Magenta Lizard about the trucks... In case you forget what it was about..

I've heard in the past that mixer truck drivers can sometimes be a little nuts, trying to get the concrete to their worksite before it sets. When I was riding the train yesterday, as I was focused on taking shots of what had been poured already, I heard an unexpected blast of the train whistle. I looked forward, surprised, and saw a mixer truck driving rapidly into the job site to my right. He apparently just drove across the tracks in front of the train and I don't think the engineer was very pleased. I don't think it was close to an accident or anything tho.

It's possible that it was reported to management at the Park and the park said no more construction, or minimal construction, during operating hours. (I'm not sure if they did anything though) 

At the same time, it can just be Labor Day weekend.

• Like 6

They will have the next few weeks of no guests so I would imagine they get quite a bit done before haunt. But if we are correct that they will not be building the lift until that entrance to the site is no longer the best route, then it will be a while until it is very easy to see from the webcams. 

• Like 2

Looks like they are assembling bents in the area that they are to be erected. Probably because they are going to start being quite a bit taller then the bents already put up.  My guess is that they will assemble several at a time on the ground with the tallest of the set being assembled first and then assemble subsequent bents on top of it using it as a jig/guide for the others, then start erecting them in order. I could be wrong. :P

• Like 2