Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

Looks like they are assembling bents in the area that they are to be erected. Probably because they are going to start being quite a bit taller then the bents already put up.  My guess is that they will assemble several at a time on the ground with the tallest of the set being assembled first and then assemble subsequent bents on top of it using it as a jig/guide for the others, then start erecting them in order. I could be wrong. :P

I believe what they're doing is that they're assembling them right on the footers now, and then lifting the top up into place, since this is really the only other time it'll be that tall again, so they may be just lifting them like a pivot point into place. Could be wrong though. Time will tell :D

• Like 4

And about that post hole digger, has anyone given any thought about how the area will be drained during a storm? Where it is currently would be the best area for the drainage because it run into an existing drainage system for wwc. And any project of this size will have to have a drain system to prevent flooding.

• Like 3

I mean, It's only 109 feet tall... With most of the ride at Ground level, they honestly don't need to really pay for a big crane to come out, especially since it's a wooden roller coasters. They can assemble the smaller stuff, and build on site, the larger stuff. 

• Like 4

I'll try to scour the web more when I have time (posting this in between classes at UCBA), but I have yet to find a GCI construction photo where a large crane was involved.  SOB did use a large crane, but it was also massive and construction of the loop required a crane as well.   Now, I could see a crane lifting up piles of wood so its easier to access, but since its not a prefab woodie like an Intamin or a RMC, it'll be put together one piece at a time.  

This will especially true once they're done with the first 2 drops since there aren't a lot of major drops in the layout (maybe the turn around). 

• Like 3

I'll try to scour the web more when I have time (posting this in between classes at UCBA), but I have yet to find a GCI construction photo where a large crane was involved.

I remembered seeing a crane for Renegade construction on Build it Bigger so I scoured the web for you:

https://www.google.com/search?q=build+it+bigger+renegade&espv=2&biw=1280&bih=619&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwivy6GS8_3OAhVE7R4KHRVJDNsQ_AUICCgD#imgrc=GV69TJVE5GzUOM%3A

The site that picture was posted to is apparently dead, so I find it odd the picture still shows up on Google.

• Like 3

Its only 3:30 and these guys are all gone for the day?

Looking at the webcam, there about 3 guys working, currently. In addition, they are usually working before 8am. Pretty good day's work by 330. Stay on schedule , and we will all be rewarded.

• Like 7

They could have ordered it last week, but if the supplier doesn't have it available there isn't much they can do but wait.

I doubt they "ordered it last week", they've had their construction schedule on hand for months, likely tweaked it a few dozen times and probably have had the crane lined up for quite some time.  It will show up when/if it is needed.  This isn't some mom & pop outfit scheduling things on the fly.

• Like 10

blah blah blah

Glad you have something worth contributing to the discussion here. Someone explains to you why there is not a crane on site and you give a pretty immature response. Unfortunately, materials and construction equipment cannot be 'Amazon-Primed' next day to a work site.

The instant-gratification generation worries me...

• Like 15