Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

Yeah, that's what i was thinking......they should've ordered that yesterday or day before so it already there.

They will build a lot of bents first, before the crane arrives to save money. By having the bents already built,  the crane can be productive right when it arrives on site, as opposed to sitting around and NOT being productive while they build the bents. Renting a crane isn't cheap. 

• Like 8

The thing is that it would be so much cheaper to just put beams to hold the trusses from the bottom if it's just a straight shot. Footers are expensive to do and what it would take roughly 35 to do that way would take only like 6 with steel beams. They only have to do a few footers and throw down some giant pieces of steel to hold it up rather than dig a ton of footers. Now Skyrush has the really tall footers but it's all over the place. Timbers will have only a few rows of load-bearing posts that need to traverse the river, something that could easily be done with a few footers and beams as opposed to one giant, expensive footer per post.

I'll be very surprised if they don't do this but in essence, yes. It's like what RFII has in that it's using a frame to hold up a structure of two-force members that can take the bending from the various portions of the two-force posts in multiple spots along the length.

• Like 3

Speaking of weather someone needs to wipe off the camera because of the rain on the lens :)

Sent from.... Hello is this thing on?

HAHA, thats funny i was just going to say would someone mind going to the top of that building and wipe off that water droplet on the left side of the lens? It disturbs me deeply. :P

• Like 2

GCI footers are connected to one another underground.  This is one of the main reasons their structures are so sound and offer such a smooth ride year after year.

Here is a great look at Mystic Timbers Construction that GCI linked to.

http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2016/09/scott-and-carol-present-look-at-mystic.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

• Like 18

I am having major KI withdrawals right now. :( Is it September 23rd yet??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-_- I don't go back until coasterstock 2017. I live 7 hours away. My favorite home park is getting a Planet Snoopy expansion. You don't know withdrawal. Hold on, I gotta go take my KD2017 PTSD medication. Lol
  • Like 6

Am I the only one who finds the bugs flying around the webcam very distracting?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

yes they are annoying,...even that little spider that crawls across the lens from time to time and looks gigantic over the background gets annoying too. Sometimes its raindrops that look like bugs flying around the camera. :P  :lol:  :lol:

• Like 2