Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

I've never ridden a GCI but everything I've heard about millennium flyers is great. Lots of leg room and a comfortable lap bar. I am really looking forward to riding this thing in April.

I have found some of the most uncomfortable rides to be on Millennium Flyer trains. Those lap bars fold very nicely right against the seat belt buckle, my belt buckle, and above my thigh below my stomach. I am exactly the right dimensions to find those rides very painful. It is Millennium Flyer trains that dropped Wildcat at Hersheypark from my top 5 down to nearly the bottom. If I do not hold the lap bar the entire ride, I exit the ride in an unnecessary amount of discomfort.

• Like 2

Huh...is the shed over the track as well?

Probably just before the track with a tunnel over the track through the curve to the station.

What's shown is the track leading to the lift hill, not back to the station.  Starting roughly here: https://youtu.be/nFgFvQ28qKE?t=11s is what's shown in that picture above (from what I can tell).

• Like 1

it will be interesting to see when the coaster leaves the station and goes over the tracks, if the train happens to be under it at the same time and blows his whistle all that nice smoke and steam getting in the faces of Mystic Timbers riders.

I am sure the train will not blow its whistle when the track is overhead.

• Like 6

it will be interesting to see when the coaster leaves the station and goes over the tracks, if the train happens to be under it at the same time and blows his whistle all that nice smoke and steam getting in the faces of Mystic Timbers riders.

I would assume they would replace the whistle sign so that doesn't happen  

• Like 4

Millennium Flyer trains are really comfortable.  They have one seat belt per train which is somewhat odd.  

I found these GCI to be absolutely great:

Thunderhead, Renegade, Apocalypse, American Thunder, Prowler, Lightning Racer

I found these CGI to be rather average:

Gwazi, Roar (SFA) and Wildcat (Hershey)

I believe these three were the three of the oldest GCI if I remember correctly.

• Like 5

I know there is method to the madness, but the way they are building this just doesnt make sense in my brain. You have the area we can see from the web cam almost ready for a train, and still have clearing in other places. The way my brain works is, do the clearing, pour the footers, get the structure to its final height, add the track and so on.

• Like 2

If this helps, they are doing an assembly line type deal. They cleared the part that would take the longest, the started footings in the area closest to the guest (for public relations reasons) and then working on the track

In a way they are doing it in order but you can have multiple trades working at the same time. But the biggest factor is the publics eye, they want to see it go up fast so they will start and heavily work on the section that is seen from the midway. If that makes sence

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Millennium Flyer trains are really comfortable.  They have one seat belt per train which is somewhat odd.  

I found these GCI to be absolutely great:

Thunderhead, Renegade, Apocalypse, American Thunder, Prowler, Lightning Racer

I found these CGI to be rather average:

Gwazi, Roar (SFA) and Wildcat (Hershey)

I believe these three were the three of the oldest GCI if I remember correctly.

GCI also designed those first few coasters around using PTC's and just happened to run out the MF's on the SFDK Roar (their first coaster was in 1996 so they're pretty young compared to other firms).  Lightning Racer was their first true coaster to design around the MF's and it's awesomeness is a result.  They really hit their stride when they got to Thunderhead IMO.  

EDIT: I maintain the belief that Wildcat at HP was better with the PTC's. 

• Like 6

^If HP would have kept the PTC's and did some HW level maintaining of the ride with a bit of re-tracking and re-profiling (which, HP takes wonderful care of their wooden collection to begin with, Comet probably runs better than it did when it was new), Wildcat could potentially be an absolute beast.

• Like 3

I'm actually surprised they've gone vertical so early.  I figured they'd pour all the footings before that, which, I think that's what they're up to.  Once they focus on vertical construction, it should go up pretty quick.  I imagine they are aiming to get the footings done before winter hits.

• Like 4