Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

I will be at the park on Sunday and hope to get some good pictures for my photo album to be added , but on a different note. Don't know if it has been said already but looking at the calendar of 2017 showing Good Friday on April 14, 2017. When Banshee opened in 2014 it was also on Good Friday , so I am foreseeing Opening Day as April 14 , 2017 for Mystic Timbers with a media day on Thursday early morning and hopefully they will invite coaster enthusiasts for the event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I will be at the park on Sunday and hope to get some good pictures for my photo album to be added , but on a different note. Don't know if it has been said already but looking at the calendar of 2017 showing Good Friday on April 14, 2017. When Banshee opened in 2014 it was also on Good Friday , so I am foreseeing Opening Day as April 14 , 2017 for Mystic Timbers with a media day on Thursday early morning and hopefully they will invite coaster enthusiasts for the event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't blame the park one bit if they didn't invite the enthusiasts to the media event. I think parks are getting tired of giving out freebies to enthusiasts only to be trashed on social media because they didn't get the attraction they wanted. I like getting invites as much as anyone else but the trash talk on social media is ridiculous this year. I think the worst I have ever seen.

• Like 6

One theory I have that KI will get gripes from a lot of people who just won't let Kings Island be better than Cedar Point in their mind, especially since the GP constantly compare the 2 since they are now in the same chain.  I suspect even if KI would get a giga coaster, people would still praise Millennium Force more and give KI little to no credit, even if they built a superior ride.  A lot of that, IMO, has to do with how CP advertises themselves as being the best of the best.  That media manipulation has been a driving factor in how they get viewed by the GP.   I get into discussions about which park is better with my friends all the time and I can bring up as many aspects as possible and elaborate more on those points in great detail and they still give little to no credit to KI.    

• Like 8

One theory I have that KI will get gripes from a lot of people who just won't let Kings Island be better than Cedar Point in their mind, especially since the GP constantly compare the 2 since they are now in the same chain.  I suspect even if KI would get a giga coaster, people would still praise Millennium Force more and give KI little to no credit, even if they built a superior ride.  A lot of that, IMO, has to do with how CP advertises themselves as being the best of the best.  That media manipulation has been a driving factor in how they get viewed by the GP.   I get into discussions about which park is better with my friends all the time and I can bring up as many aspects as possible and elaborate more on those points in great detail and they still give little to no credit to KI.    

I agree with you that the media brainwashes people into thinking that CP is better, but most of my friends think KI is better. With the exception of the beauty of Lake Erie, my friend circle seems to think CP is just bunch of steel coasters packed into wherever they can fit them, splattered with seagull poop all over them and the rest of the place. KI has much more charm and is far more aesthetically pleasing in my opinion. I also think coasters like Banshee,The Beast and DB are better than CP's comparable coasters. Don't get me wrong, I love CP.  It's a great park and I'm not trying to get into a who's better discussion, but I just think when people keep hearing things like "biggest, fastest, most", etc from the media, they tend to forget all of the good things other parks like KI have to offer.

• Like 3

THIS JUST IN!!!  "Boy Trapped In Refrigerator, Eats Own Foot". And now back to the weather. :huh:

like, RIGHT NOW?

i want to know where all the tree stumps are?

Finally figured out how to block someone. Now i can really enjoy this post without viewing anything from "Mr. Know-it-all".  Dont worry i wont "spam" anymore.

I highlighted a couple of your previous posts in what some consider spam. There were some decent discussion topics you brought up, which I appreciate. However, the random comments that do not make much sense should probably stop. I get it, you are excited. Many of us on this board are. We just enjoy having meaningful, thought-provoking discussions. The ' LOL WAT DID U SEE DAT CONSTRUCTION WERKER MOVE?' is not really needed in this forum. 

Best regards, 

HTCO

Pretty much sums up KIC anymore, over my years of being a member I've come to realize that KIC is sort of a "Clique" you either share the same ideas or you're not welcomed. Its partially the reason I don't go to meet ups, my first and last one being Banshee construction behind of scenes tour, and I left early. 

• Like 3

THIS JUST IN!!!  "Boy Trapped In Refrigerator, Eats Own Foot". And now back to the weather. :huh:

like, RIGHT NOW?

i want to know where all the tree stumps are?

Finally figured out how to block someone. Now i can really enjoy this post without viewing anything from "Mr. Know-it-all".  Dont worry i wont "spam" anymore.

I highlighted a couple of your previous posts in what some consider spam. There were some decent discussion topics you brought up, which I appreciate. However, the random comments that do not make much sense should probably stop. I get it, you are excited. Many of us on this board are. We just enjoy having meaningful, thought-provoking discussions. The ' LOL WAT DID U SEE DAT CONSTRUCTION WERKER MOVE?' is not really needed in this forum. 

Best regards, 

HTCO

Pretty much sums up KIC anymore, over my years of being a member I've come to realize that KIC is sort of a "Clique" you either share the same ideas or you're not welcomed. Its partially the reason I don't go to meet ups, my first and last one being Banshee construction behind of scenes tour, and I left early. 

No idea how my post makes that assumption at all?

^Every internet forum in the history of forever is like that. 

Agreed. In fact, I've come to realize life is just like that. 

• Like 1

^Every internet forum in the history of forever is like that. 

I hear ya. I currently go to a music forum to discuss politics and it gets downright ugly in there. I've been a member for a long time, but don't frequent often in the last few years, so the supposed "big shot" posters in the chain of command get p***** of you challenge their views. I had to block two of them. Ironically, one of them works for the Russian govt. who is currently waging strategic political warfare against the US and trying to undermine our democracy system. haha! You can't make this stuff up.

• Like 6

Watching this construction makes me appreciate just what KI was able to accomplish when they built The Beast. I mean....these guys work on coasters all the time and have it down to a science, where KI used "in house" guys and wooden coaster construction was still in its infancy. Amazing what they did back then.

• Like 8

EDIT: Nvm, for some reason trying to put the still image in but getting the live stream instead.

Pretty sure you have to copy the image to a hosting site to link an image from a specific time here. The still image on the KI site is continuously updated, so if you link to it, it will just keep changing.

Thanks for not leaving it up though. It's annoying to see a post about something cool on the cam and its just a link to whatever is on the cam currently. 

• Like 3

There definitely are cliques here, but the people who typically attend "meet-ups" are glad to meet other park fans. At something like a construction tour or Coasterstock, you do need to introduce yourself if you'd like to meet people.

In general, I don't think that people with unpopular opinions are made to feel unwelcome here. That said, many Internet forums tend to have a critical side, which I know is intimidating for some.

Since you mentioned that Banshee construction tour, just something for anyone who ends up on a Mystic Timbers tour to remember: following the instructions/rules (eg. staying with the group, not touching things you aren't supposed to) is vitally important on a behind-the-scenes tour, lest the group not be invited on such things in the future.

• Like 5

Pretty much sums up KIC anymore, over my years of being a member I've come to realize that KIC is sort of a "Clique" you either share the same ideas or you're not welcomed. Its partially the reason I don't go to meet ups, my first and last one being Banshee construction behind of scenes tour, and I left early.

There definitely are cliques here, but the people who typically attend "meet-ups" are glad to meet other park fans. At something like a construction tour or Coasterstock, you do need to introduce yourself if you'd like to meet people.

In general, I don't think that people with unpopular opinions are made to feel unwelcome here. That said, many Internet forums tend to have a critical side, which I know is intimidating for some.

Since you mentioned that Banshee construction tour, just something for anyone who ends up on a Mystic Timbers tour to remember: following the instructions/rules (eg. staying with the group, not touching things you aren't supposed to) is vitally important on a behind-the-scenes tour, lest the group not be invited on such things in the future.

I can promise not everyone will agree with my views. And vise versa. I've had a really good time. Almost died a couple times. But enjoyed every minute.

• Like 5

Pretty much sums up KIC anymore, over my years of being a member I've come to realize that KIC is sort of a "Clique" you either share the same ideas or you're not welcomed. Its partially the reason I don't go to meet ups, my first and last one being Banshee construction behind of scenes tour, and I left early.

I can promise not everyone will agree with my views. And vise versa. I've had a really good time. Almost died a couple times. But enjoyed every minute.

very well said my friend, Couldnt agree more. 

• Like 2