Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

^ Exactly GCI's don't have large swooping hills for airtime but those small humps in the track can provide great ejector airtime. Lots of POV's leave something to be desired imo, you just can't get a good feel on the intensity in one. I am gonna guess this will be my #4 in the park behind Banshee,DB, and The Beast.

• Like 2

^Which, I'm okay with because judging by the angle of that portion of Diamondback's hill, the first drop on MT should be nice and steep. :D  Riding the back on this thing will be amazing just for the first drop alone. 

If you want a good judgement on how tall that 2nd hill is, look at the Diamondback cam and you can see MT poking above the trees now.  

• Like 5

^There was a pile of about 4-5 supports in the lower left corner of the camera screen that are now standing.  I think they're going at a pretty decent pace.  

BTW, I have a request- if anyone could get a good shot at the banked track at the bottom of the first drop, mainly to show off the bank angle, it'd be greatly appreciated.  Just trying to get an idea of the potential laterals.  Thanks!

• Like 2

^There was a pile of about 4-5 supports in the lower left corner of the camera screen that are now standing.  I think they're going at a pretty decent pace.  

BTW, I have a request- if anyone could get a good shot at the banked track at the bottom of the first drop, mainly to show off the bank angle, it'd be greatly appreciated.  Just trying to get an idea of the potential laterals.  Thanks!

Don't you need to know the radius of the turn as well? Having the velocity and banking will give you the radius at 0 laterals (~190ft), but without knowing the radius of the turn you won't know the lateral acceleration. 

• Like 2

Oh I know, I'm talking about other stuff that could go on. :P

• Like 2

Did anyone else notice that the next to last bent that they put up today had to be laid down and they seem to have to redo it or something. Anyone else see that?

Yep.  I saw that.  They worked on that thing for quite a while.

I wonder what the issue was...

Either way, they got a ton of work done....

• Like 4

Looks like they had a little mishap lifting a bent. Not sure if it was a rigging issue or if it got caught on the pile but one appeared to almost break in half while they were lifting. Not sure how much give those things have, but if they have to fix it, it could be the end of lifting for today. 

• Like 2

In the middle of a lift, the bent went from being straight to having about a 30-40 degree angle at the lift point(not just bowing). They set it back down, and I haven't seen any lifting since then. For that to happen like it did, something had to break. Might be minor, and might be a common occurrence on these type of things. Just thought it was interesting myself. 

• Like 5

When you're lifting something that could be nearing 100ft tall and you're lifting it from one point, it's going to give without extra help. Especially wood. Mistakes happen, people do forget things. It would explain while they're currently not moving anything and double checking. Would you want to ride a wooden roller coaster where a bent had bend (hah) to a very stressful level for the wood? Nah... They know what they're doing. Trust them. We have until April folks.

• Like 6