Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

^Yes and no. If it had a really high station like Banshee or maybe even Diamondback, it could have a substantial drop. But it doesn't, the track installed shows the exact station elevation and there's no way it could stay within rendering and have enough height for a considerable drop at all.

• Like 1

GCI uses gravity to move the trains through the brakes, transfer and station. The station will be lower than the shed unless KI wanted a drive system in these sections. As far as drop track, this can be done on an incline plain. Mack Rides uses an elevator style lift sometimes to store trains on.

All that said, I doubt a drop track either for transfer or theme purposes.

• Like 1

The drop track probably isn't possible anymore even with the sloped blocks because they're sloped at such negligible angles that it wouldn't add probably two feet to that level. All it has to do is throw in a bit of a forward gravitational force vector onto the train to gradually pull it through, not give it any actual speed. RMC does this too. The slope can be nearly negligible to the naked eye and design constraints, it won't give them enough room for a drop track from what I'm seeing.

• Like 2

People used to say coasters couldn't roll into launched sections. That even with magnets, a train would need to fully stop first.

(I don't believe there is one coming. I just believe it could be done if they wanted to do it)

Volcano at KD does not stop before launching on any if it's launches. Maverick at CP rolls right into its second launch too.

• Like 4

^^ You can also look at multi launches like Helix,Taron and the new 2018 coaster at Blackpool.

As for MT it looks like they are starting to place the tarps and gravel around the drop, so we might see that be the next section to go up. This could also be completely wrong considering the turn after the first drop has been covered in gravel for weeks. Good to see construction start early and at a pretty constant pace. 

• Like 3

Looks like a really nice stack of new bents ready to go up over by the chain motor house. It also looks like all the footers for the lift hill have been poured....sure  hope they left a path for the crane to get out. (now awaiting comment from none other than....Mr. Know it all)

I thought about the path to get out earlier, but, with the crane they are using, I don't think they need to. Where the tracks cross, they will certainly be a gap in the support structure wide enough to get vehicles through. In it's travel position, the crane won't be over 8 foot wide and 13 foot tall, so it should be able to drive out there. 

It looks to me lke they are assembling what will be one of if not THE tallest bent of the lift hill.  :wub:

I'm wondering if thats an actual bent, or if they are building a jig for the tall supports there. The ground isn't level there, and these things probably need to be straighter than the ground would allow for. It looks to me like they are leveling out a couple or more long beams, and will just use those to build the rest of the bents in that area on top of them. 

EDIT: they are starting to put crosses in now, so they may just be building the bent right there. 

• Like 2

It looks to me lke they are assembling what will be one of if not THE tallest bent of the lift hill.  :wub:

I'm wondering if thats an actual bent, or if they are building a jig for the tall supports there. The ground isn't level there, and these things probably need to be straighter than the ground would allow for. It looks to me like they are leveling out a couple or more long beams, and will just use those to build the rest of the bents in that area on top of them.

I am pretty sure it is a bent, just by the crossmembers they are putting on it now. As for the unevenness, i think they just use scrap for building it up to level underneath.

• Like 3

I know capacity would lack but, what if it was a launch backwards and there was no drop or show? I know it's a stretch but just a guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure inside the shed is nothing more than a very heavily themed area of crazy out of control vines etc.

• Like 3

I know capacity would lack but, what if it was a launch backwards and there was no drop or show? I know it's a stretch but just a guess

not sure how long that would last before it got shut down due to whiplash lawsuits. 

• Like 3

People used to say coasters couldn't roll into launched sections. That even with magnets, a train would need to fully stop first.

(I don't believe there is one coming. I just believe it could be done if they wanted to do it)

Volcano at KD does not stop before launching on any if it's launches. Maverick at CP rolls right into its second launch too.

*At fast speeds.. At least that's what I was told by several people before many years ago.

I wasn't the one claiming this btw

• Like 1

*At fast speeds.. At least that's what I was told by several people before many years ago.

I wasn't the one claiming this btw

I wonder how those people would explain impulse coasters?
  • Like 4

not sure how long that would last before it got shut down due to whiplash lawsuits.

Firechaser Express, Tempteso, Superman:The Ride....
  • Like 1