Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

I'm really interested to see how MT and the train will interact, especially when the coaster actually crosses over the track twice. With the absence of most of the old props and animatronics that were part of the railroad's popularity, I'm really hoping KI will theme parts of the train ride to fit the Mystic Timbers theme. Maybe some vines growing on the bridge, signs and props referring to the fictional Miami River Lumber Co., "maintain slow speeds, falling trees ahead." 

• Like 3

Once the tallest bent is up, i would think that then they would probably start the next stack of bents from the bottom of the lift hill and work up. Since they build bigger on the bottom and get smaller as the stack grows...i guess they could put smaller bents on the bottom of the assembly stack...but that would just mean lots of extra work to putting up temp supports for stability. Anyone else have thoughts on this?  I also think after this set gets erected, and the other stack over by the motor house, the crane will perhaps stay down that way and lift from there and assemble the next set on top of where it is sitting currently.

• Like 2

A lot of people have downplayed it IMHO. I'm just excited to have a new coaster and I'm sure many people here agree. Not every addition needs to be extreme or break records. What it does need to do is be a great overall fit for the park and this attraction does that perfectly.

• Like 9

A lot of people have downplayed it IMHO. I'm just excited to have a new coaster and I'm sure many people here agree. Not every addition needs to be extreme or break records. What it does need to do is be a great overall fit for the park and this attraction does that perfectly,

I completely agree with you. I think everyone that down talks this new addition will be surprised at the fun it will generate.....you dont have to have a 400 foot drop to have a good time. Of course those people that will eat their words will never admit it. But hey, to each his own i guess.  I personally am looking forward to it. 

• Like 4

Once the tallest bent is up, i would think that then they would probably start the next stack of bents from the bottom of the lift hill and work up. Since they build bigger on the bottom and get smaller as the stack grows...i guess they could put smaller bents on the bottom of the assembly stack...but that would just mean lots of extra work to putting up temp supports for stability. Anyone else have thoughts on this?  I also think after this set gets erected, and the other stack over by the motor house, the crane will perhaps stay down that way and lift from there and assemble the next set on top of where it is sitting currently.

You and I think about a lot of the same things lol. 

I think they'll just work downhill from the top of the lift. Trying to fish the tallest supports in between two standing supports would be a PITA. It's certainly doable, and that very well might be what they end up doing. Personally, I'd rather deal with some extra cribbing on the ground than trying to get those last few supports in place in a tight window. 

• Like 3

A lot of people have downplayed it IMHO. I'm just excited to have a new coaster and I'm sure many people here agree. Not every addition needs to be extreme or break records. What it does need to do is be a great overall fit for the park and this attraction does that perfectly,

Agree as well!  I feel that this coaster will be an amazing night ride!!! 

• Like 4

Once the tallest bent is up, i would think that then they would probably start the next stack of bents from the bottom of the lift hill and work up. Since they build bigger on the bottom and get smaller as the stack grows...i guess they could put smaller bents on the bottom of the assembly stack...but that would just mean lots of extra work to putting up temp supports for stability. Anyone else have thoughts on this? I also think after this set gets erected, and the other stack over by the motor house, the crane will perhaps stay down that way and lift from there and assemble the next set on top of where it is sitting currently.

I think they'll just work downhill from the top of the lift. Trying to fish the tallest supports in between two standing supports would be a PITA. It's certainly doable, and that very well might be what they end up doing. Personally, I'd rather deal with some extra cribbing on the ground than trying to get those last few supports in place in a tight window.

Once they get this stack of bents up they are working on, I suspect a new stack of bents will be put together while the crane is erecting the stack next to the motor house. My opinion is based on the thought that they wouldn't want to pay for the crane for a day just to wait while they finish putting bents together.

• Like 2

Once the tallest bent is up, i would think that then they would probably start the next stack of bents from the bottom of the lift hill and work up. Since they build bigger on the bottom and get smaller as the stack grows...i guess they could put smaller bents on the bottom of the assembly stack...but that would just mean lots of extra work to putting up temp supports for stability. Anyone else have thoughts on this? I also think after this set gets erected, and the other stack over by the motor house, the crane will perhaps stay down that way and lift from there and assemble the next set on top of where it is sitting currently.

Once they get this stack of bents up they are working on, I suspect a new stack of bents will be put together while the crane is erecting the stack next to the motor house. My opinion is based on the thought that they wouldn't want to pay for the crane for a day just to wait while they finish putting bents together.

oh yes, i definitely agree with you on that...i meant for the next set of lift hill bents after the stack you mentioned.  it really is interesting to watch how they do it.....my friends think its boring...not me, i love it.

• Like 1

How tall do you think the first lift hill is right now? I'm guessing somewhere around 70 feet.

i was thinking maybe more like 90, but you could be right. if we just knew what the spaceing was of those horizontal crossmembers of the main tower of each bent was, then we just count those since they seem to be equal distance with the exception of the top square of course..

• Like 2