Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

That curved drop is looking wicked good! This coaster is going to be such a blast and It's alot of fun watching them put it together on my split screen at work! Those construction workers at the top of the framing right now are braver than me!

• Like 5

The fact that its still highly banked that high makes me think there will be a bit of a snappy transition between the lift leveling off and when the curve starts.

Banshee-esque drop on a GCI woodie?

Yes, please. ^_^

GCI did it first!

And if I know GCI like I think I do, this entire sequence that's built should have some interesting little forces in combination with the obvious forces.  I expect a small pop of air as the bottom banked track unbanks before it goes up the 2nd hill, which should have some impressive air as it crests.

I can't wait to see how the shaping really turns out.  I maintain that the video doesn't quite show how the track will actually be shaped.  Some of it looked a bit too drawn out for a GCI.  I expect complete insanity from the 2nd drop until the brakes.  

• Like 6

They placed that last bent this morning.  It seems they are starting to build another, on the ground, in the same spot.

Man, it looks good.

The first drop should be fantastic.

I think that one on the ground is the one they built last week. Not sure if its a jig, or just the longest one and they are going to leave it there to build on top of so they don't have to keep releveling the last one in the stack every time. 

• Like 1

I was just looking at the webcam a few minutes ago. It's probably just me, but I get a little nervous seeing that crane extended out over the first drop. Hydraulics don't fail me now...ha! Still, it's really amazing how that drop is turning out and alot of fun watching it being built.

Also from that view, you really get a good estimate on how big Diamondback really is!

• Like 4

I think that one on the ground is the one they built last week. Not sure if its a jig, or just the longest one and they are going to leave it there to build on top of so they don't have to keep releveling the last one in the stack every time.

No the one on the ground is new, been watching them all morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

The fact that its still highly banked that high makes me think there will be a bit of a snappy transition between the lift leveling off and when the curve starts.

Banshee-esque drop on a GCI woodie?

Yes, please. ^_^

GCI did it first!

And if I know GCI like I think I do, this entire sequence that's built should have some interesting little forces in combination with the obvious forces.  I expect a small pop of air as the bottom banked track unbanks before it goes up the 2nd hill, which should have some impressive air as it crests.

I can't wait to see how the shaping really turns out.  I maintain that the video doesn't quite show how the track will actually be shaped.  Some of it looked a bit too drawn out for a GCI.  I expect complete insanity from the 2nd drop until the brakes.  

if you look closely, the bottom bank (after the first drop) looks like it has a tiny airtime hill before it climbs into the second big hill.

• Like 2

Those construction boys really hustle on the assembly when they got to work Saturday. Good for them.... 6 days a week about 10 hours a day M-F. That's definately guys that love what they do for a living. As it should be for everyone. That coaster is really looking high quality good, they do very good dedicated work and it shows. 

• Like 6

Hey everyone, I was at the park this weekend and can tell you that the construction progress looks amazing from what I could see from the train. I was dissapointed that I couldn't go through the new vine tunnel to take closer pictures, but it is what it is. From the looks of things, it looks like the lift hill will be topped off this week. I'm also surprised they drained the little lake, but discovered that's where the station will be so that's pretty cool. I would post pictures, but I don't have them uploaded on my hard drive yet. I will get to them tomorrow. ;)

• Like 3

I don`t know what "little lake" you are talking about.  If you are talking about the reservoir/lake next to White Water Canyon, they drain that every off season.  Additionally, they are placing some foundations in that area which necessitated it being drained.  The station is not going in that area.  The station is going about where the former Funnel Cake building once stood.

• Like 6