Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

Majestic

Cute little crate

They haven't done much else yet with the hill they cleared over by the train engine shed

New concrete pad leading into the reservoir

And the one in the middle, and one on the opposite side

Care if I use these photos beyond the website?

• Like 2

Going through their list of coasters, this is GCI's first coaster to go over such a deep body of water. Looks like we'll get to see some sort of unique support system on that part of the ride.

Imagine a GCI version of Great Bear's supports...

0c0e389f2e01ce5fa6881308fbc8f04a.jpg

(Not my picture by the way)

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Construction updates will also be less frequent once the lift is closed off and we can't see anything :o

I thought they'd put some up today since they had some guys walking the preset bents early this morning, but they might've only put one up. Its hard to tell if they even did that cause I only check in the morning and before dark.

• Like 2

Construction updates will also be less frequent once the lift is closed off and we can't see anything :o

I thought they'd put some up today since they had some guys walking the preset bents early this morning, but they might've only put one up. Its hard to tell if they even did that cause I only check in the morning and before dark.

Well if they do it like when Banshee was constructed, they will add a secondary webcam. Hopefully. Perhaps put it so the construction of the turnaround or over the lake can be seen.

• Like 1

TBH, I can't think of a good place to mount the camera to see the rest.  Sure, you could use trees, but I would imagine they don't want to be putting a camera up and interfering with the construction crew.  The only other places I could think of are the train sheds, around the WWC turntable, or one of the WWC's watch towers.  

• Like 4

Was there a secondary cam for Banshee?? I completely forgot about that if there was. I thought it was just the tower that became the Banshee cam.

Yes, when it got to about the 80% complete point, they put another cam in the old SOB station and aimed at the area of the loop in the very back and zero g roll. 

• Like 2

^They've been doing that even when there's been little to no wind.  I imagine its because those bigger supports are quite a bit of weight to be lifted by only a few wires.  They're designed to take on weight from the top down, not hanging by a crane.  

• Like 2