Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

^They look to be close now.  The supports look to be arcing towards where the lift crests.  There has to be some un-banked track on the downward track opposite of the lift ascent to house the chain drive gear at the top.  I'd estimate there are only about 1 or 2 more supports to go before the top is reached. 

• Like 6

^They look to be close now.  The supports look to be arcing towards where the lift crests.  There has to be some un-banked track on the downward track opposite of the lift ascent to house the chain drive gear at the top.  I'd estimate there are only about 1 or 2 more supports to go before the top is reached. 

i was thinking the same thing, or we would be able to tell for sure once that current bent was up. But they still have the second half of it to go.

• Like 3

133aed9d2f.jpg

Count each "square" as 6 feet from the bottom going up to the top and I would say the hill is at the apex right about now.(just over 100 feet) I believe the workers could stand up inside a square when they were working on the framing so that's how I came up with approximately 6 feet per square. Looking good!

• Like 5

Just passed by KI on the way to CP (not going to have much time there tonight, but we'll be there all day tomorrow and part of Sunday) and I'm surprised at how much of MT is visible above the treeline from the freeway. I was expecting just a few feet to be above, but it's actually more like 20 feet.

• Like 6

Just passed by KI on the way to CP (not going to have much time there tonight, but we'll be there all day tomorrow and part of Sunday) and I'm surprised at how much of MT is visible above the treeline from the freeway. I was expecting just a few feet to be above, but it's actually more like 20 feet.

Be sure to check out the work being done on Mean Streak. Word on the street (in pictures) is that they are attaching steel cross beams to the pre-lift section already.

• Like 6

Looking darn nice i must say.  Be interesting to see how they do the next stack of bents. They were making them largest to smallest with the smallest being on top and getting taller since they were going UP the first drop. Now if they continue with same  style they will be going from smallest to tallest in the stack since it wil be going down the lift hill...wonder how those are going stack? guess we will find out. ^_^

• Like 2

Be sure to check out the work being done on Mean Streak. Word on the street (in pictures) is that they are attaching steel cross beams to the pre-lift section already.

There are.

I didn't think it would add to the skyline of the park, since The Beast doesn't. But now thinking about it, The Beast is farther back and it's in the hilly area of the park, so that probably has something to do with it. It's going to be awesome seeing it done and driving in, for the first time next year on opening day. :)

• Like 2

I don't know.  There's no info on it anywhere on the internet.  KI didn't post a lot on Banshee's stats other than its length (because its a record) when it was announced.  It's certainly steeper than Vortex.  

Oh, and Diamondback is 74 degrees. 

• Like 5

What is Banshees drop angle?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Yeah, as mentioned.. the park seemed to explicitly omit a great deal of statistics for the ride. I think all we know is speed, height, length... maybe drop height?

I wish they would release more stats now that the ride isn't new. Especially since Banshee now has the largest loop in the park, and we still don't know how large it is. Before it, I think Firehawk had the largest barely beating Vortex? (which I found hard to believe, cause Vortex, though slimmer, does look quite tall)

I presume the loop on Banshee has to be at least 110'? 

I think it would've been cool if they made its first vertical loop 118' tall as an homage though.

Wait what were we talking about? :P

• Like 4

What is Banshees drop angle?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Yeah, as mentioned.. the park seemed to explicitly omit a great deal of statistics for the ride. I think all we know is speed, height, length... maybe drop height?

I wish they would release more stats now that the ride isn't new. Especially since Banshee now has the largest loop in the park, and we still don't know how large it is. Before it, I think Firehawk had the largest barely beating Vortex? (which I found hard to believe, cause Vortex, though slimmer, does look quite tall)

I presume the loop on Banshee has to be at least 110'? 

I think it would've been cool if they made its first vertical loop 118' tall as an homage though.

Wait what were we talking about? :P

According to RCDB (which has stats that match an article KI put out shortly after the announcement, its gone now since it was on Banshee's ride page), Banshee is 167 ft tall, and the drop is 150 ft, 

• Like 2