Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

Which would make sense, right, because the ones on that side of the crest will ultimately accomodate the lift chain? Assuming they have topped out so far already.

Although the way they've been building so far: several made before putting any up, and working their way down the stack; it would be possible to have some from the lift side made and on the bottom of the stack before others from the drop side would be finished last and erected first.

• Like 5

Which would make sense, right, because the ones on that side of the crest will ultimately accomodate the lift chain? Assuming they have topped out so far already.

Although the way they've been building so far: several made before putting any up, and working their way down the stack; it would be possible to have some from the lift side made and on the bottom of the stack before others from the drop side would be finished last and erected first.

yes i was wondering how they were going to proceed now with the way they prebuild them in stacks so the smallest is on the top and they get bigger. bug now, since the lift hill is going from tallest to smalles, i wonder if they will start from the start of the lift hill and work towards the top.

• Like 1

They are going to just keep working the same way they have been and go down the hill. Having room for the bents on the ground and to lift them is more important than figuring a way to stack a larger one on a smaller one. 

Also, changes to the structure to accommodate the lift chain would show before the structure is toped off. The chain doesn't just stop at the top. it rolls over the top some and then has to go around a sprocket before going back down. Looking at the standing structure, I'm not sure we've actually topped off yet. 

• Like 3

I completely forgot this coaster was going to be over 100 feet, had to check RCDB. It looks like it will be a top tier GCI and top tier wooden coaster in general. I'm not disappointed at all its not some massive "beast" of a ride but it's still formidable and will be a great step-up coaster

• Like 6

To add to that, it's my understanding that GCI has proven that biggest isn't always the best. I hear Thunderhead delivers a great ride. 

I love the wood coasters that Kings Island has. Racer is credited for re-starting the coaster revolution and rightly so. The Beast is still one of the best. It delivers a great night ride. However, I have noticed that MT has some low elements that go through some wooded area which I think looks very Beast-like. So, this may be an awesome night ride as well.

• Like 4

Not only is this gonna be flying through the woods but those small bumps for airtime are gonna feel pretty forceful imo. MT will provide a different kind of airtime that KI really doesn't have much of and for that I'm getting even more excited. Can't wait for opening day.

• Like 11

Dyn, which provides DNS services, has been undergoing a DDOS attack today. Many major websites have been experiencing intermittent downtime as a result.

Cedar Fair's websites use Dyn for DNS.

http://rss.slashdot.org/~r/Slashdot/slashdot/~3/ZCb1z5eVV1Q/several-sites-including-twitter-spotify-paypal-nytimes-suffering-outage----dyn-dns-under-ddos-attack-update

• Like 3