Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

I think what you are seeing there are the foundations in the reservoir for White Water Canyon.  It also looks as if they placed part of the chain return for the lift hill (the part where the chain returns back to the motor at the base of the lift).  You can see a diagonal under where the lift crowns.

• Like 4

As they have done more construction, I've gotten better at being able to "see" where things are going to go. I am fairly certain the station and queues are going to be in the area where they took out the funnel cake stand.

It makes way more sense to have it on that side of the train tracks, but beyond that, it is the right spot when you look at the layout and the current construction.

Gannersdaddy and I were talking about it yesterday at the park and agreed that this little dip that they have had constructed for awhile, away from the main construction over by DB...

65e287c7553545576160dba786cd7e43.jpg (this is from the train, looking from just after the reservoir)

... must be the bottom of the lift hill, where the track will ultimately pass over as part of the big hill after the first drop (which is why they had to build it early)

d89bc48180dcd23685d186d6857995ab.jpg

And, it leads right up next to the train tracks

27ec2223ea3bff1e0daed6fc0fa84743.jpg

e703fd1a6f1bc30eb3ed27a7b3d8ce0a.jpg

So, it is clearly going to go over them and to the other side

It would be easier if the layout showed where the train track crossing will be, and the actual construction layout of that area, but it doesn't. Because there isn't room in that area for the train to get through, according to the drawing, but it clearly will need to, according to how they are building on site.

Pardon my phone drawing skills, but I think this is approximately the path of the train tracks, with the black "rectangle" representing approximately where the KI&MVRR Losantiville station lines up.

a418da1551ac687e199dd1adcec01727.jpg

I tried to mimic what was done to see how it looks on the map. It fits just like a puzzle

mt_zpsyacqdn1d.png

• Like 8

Kind of on the lines of Mystic Timbers. Can someone answer me this question- does Kings Island decide what they want to put in their park or does Cedar Fair ultimately decide? I know Cedar Fair has a rule about how many coasters they can dish out in a year depending on what type of coaster they are as well as budget and things like that. But can someone explain the process of planning which park gets what and how much individual parks have a say in what they want?

• Like 5

The Interpreter will not know the exact answer to that question.  He can speculate on what happens, but as outsiders looking in, it is difficult to say what exactly goes on.

I would say that the individual parks probably have a little more say than an individual park does in Six Flags.  I see Six Flags corporate having a tighter control of things on the capital projects than what Cedar Fair does.

• Like 2

I'm sure they do some studies through the industry about what's popular, what demographics to target, what companies are reliable, and a myriad of other things (psychological and sociological) to narrow down their choices.  Based on their wants, they pitch their idea out to all the companies and take what they consider the best value for the right amount.  This explanation is probably an extremely slimmed down version of the actual process. 

• Like 2

I think it will. With its lower speeds, unsecured items aren't nearly as dangerous. So, they don't need to have someone before the queue making sure no one is taking anything into the line they can't secure, the way they do with Banshee.

But also.. They probably intend for this to be high capacity with its 3 trains.. and it also goes over top of two rides, one of which doesn't have a convenient roof over the riders' heads. Just postulating, but I'm bettin' there will be a similar operation as Banshee.. Hopefully I'm wrong!

• Like 2

Who thinks Mystic will have lose article bins on the loading platform?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That question looks to be answered just from the lockers that have not been removed from the old WWC entrance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3