Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

^Agreed.

Wishful thinking here, but a cam from the top of MT's lifthill looking down the hill would be perfect.

I think this is highly unlikely. Running Ethernet all the way up there and then across a construction site to a network connection, is asking for it. Construction will destroy the cable all the time.
Who says the cam can't be wireless and connects to the WIFI there?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Assuming they are running Ethernet and not using the available wifi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it doesn't use Ethernet, then you have to run power to it. Weren't there generators all over the site, which means it's only up part of the time.

In this case, PoE makes more sense than WiFi. It's the way most outdoor cameras and systems are installed.

• Like 1

I know we are all eager to watch the construction, but the construction site is now pretty much back in the woods.  I'm hoping for a good camera shot to watch the station being built, but that's about it.  

On the bright side, I think there is probably a good chance more construction photos will be released.

• Like 4

I hope they put a camera in view of the turn around going up. I'd love to see one of those telltale GCI high banked curves go up.

It doesnt seem like we're getting one! If the animation is accurate it seemed like the entrance to the turnaround didn't seem to have the nice pop like they usually have
  • Like 3

^Agreed.

Wishful thinking here, but a cam from the top of MT's lifthill looking down the hill would be perfect.

I think this is highly unlikely. Running Ethernet all the way up there and then across a construction site to a network connection, is asking for it. Construction will destroy the cable all the time.

And it would have to be fiber as copper will only take you to 100M.

I don't thinkany people even think about the distance limitations on things like this.

• Like 2

I don't thinkany people even think about the distance limitations on things like this.

I didn't go there, just because I figured most wouldn't understand that 300' limit, and the issue of signal degradation. I suspect most of the parks cameras are PoE, since they are mounted to existing structures that are likely on a network.

• Like 3

^Agreed.

Actually that is why I suggested using the wireless. All the would need is power and a good signal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

[quote name="WWC2003Amy"

Actually that is why I suggested using the wireless. All the would need is power and a good signal.

Power being the other issue. I doubt they usually have power at the top of lift hills. If anything, eventually they would have a camera and probably speakers up there.

• Like 2

^ I don't pay a whole lot of attention to such things, but I know I have seen blue navigation lights on the tops of lift hills. You don't want the Medivac chopper crashing into you $15M coaster. :)

I doubt that's a problem at KI. Nothing there is that tall. Air Care keeps the bird in Butler County. They usually don't fly that low, unless they are coming in to land. When they do land, at an Emergency LZ, they are required to make radio contact with emergency crews on the ground to advise them of any obstacles around the LZ. They request a 200x200 LZ. 100x100 is possible, but only if the pilot agrees & it's daytime.

• Like 4

Ok everyone, i have already heard back from Don Helbig about a second cam for Mystic Timbers, this is what he said:

Steve,

Thank you for your interest in Mystic Timbers. It's going to be a great ride!

At this time there are no plans to add a second webcam or relocate the current one to a different spot.  There's not a location within the construction area of the ride to run cable from. Once the leaves have all fallen from the trees, you'll be able to see more from the current webcam location than what you can right now.

We will continue to post photos and videos of the construction on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter throughout the construction of the ride. These platforms will offer first looks and the best views of the construction on Mystic Timbers. I will also have a couple of Facebook Live sessions from the construction site.

Regards,

Don Helbig

• Like 22

Maybe it's been noted already, but I don't recall seeing anything about it. And my apologies, for I can't figure out how to embed images on mobile. But on the Diamondback cam you can see now they've got a second crane working in between the pond and the train tracks

• Like 6

So, the second one would darn near be on the eve of opening day? lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Actually the second FB live will be sometime between March 1-5.
The first sign of warm weather for testing?

They do know Cincinnati's weather, right?

• Like 5