Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

The train shed probably doesn't have Ethernet and even if it did you could probably only see a very small part. Running temporary cable is a hassle to navigate and they certainly are not going to go to the expense to bury it. Also I don't remember the specs off the top of my head but cable runs can only be so long before you need powered equipment to carry the signal.

• Like 2

The train shed probably doesn't have Ethernet and even if it did you could probably only see a very small part. Running temporary cable is a hassle to navigate and they certainly are not going to go to the expense to bury it. Also I don't remember the specs off the top of my head but cable runs can only be so long before you need powered equipment to carry the signal.

The length is 300 feet. 

• Like 6

Why am I having a hard time picturing the steel and wood trestle they are talking about?

I believe they're talking about the bridge that WWC goes under.

I think they're talking about the bridge over the Diamondback valley. It's the only steel and wood trestle bridge along the route that I know of. The WWC one is concrete.

• Like 2

Why am I having a hard time picturing the steel and wood trestle they are talking about?

I think they're talking about the bridge over the Diamondback valley. It's the only steel and wood trestle bridge along the route that I know of. The WWC one is concrete.

But via location, the park made it sound as if it was right after that, which it isn't. It's a little more down the rail.

• Like 1

But via location, the park made it sound as if it was right after that, which it isn't. It's a little more down the rail.

I think it depends on your personal definition of "right after". ;)

• Like 5

This length is max 100 yds/300 feet. After that the signal degrades too much and requires power or an amplifier to make it work. So the length of one football field from one end of the cable, to the other.

• Like 4

This length is max 100 yds/300 feet. After that the signal degrades too much and requires power or an amplifier to make it work. So the length of one football field from one end of the cable, to the other.
*TECHNICALLY* it's a max distance if 290' as the last 30' is reserved for patch cables at each end. And it's 100 meters which is 328 feet. But weve already had this discussion in this thread multiple times!

If KI really wanted to make it work, as long as there is a phone line in the train shed, you can get Ethernet extenders that will run over twisted pair. Could also go with a point to point wireless system or many other long range options.

• Like 5

If KI really wanted to make it work, as long as there is a phone line in the train shed, you can get Ethernet extenders that will run over twisted pair. Could also go with a point to point wireless system or many other long range options.

Definitely not cost effective for a temporary setup. I suspect it will get a camera, when it gets a phone line and network connection to the station. Maybe if they are nice, it will work before the ride opens, then again that could just be wishful thinking on my part!

• Like 2