Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

I saw that earlier today.  My coworker say me looking at the webcam and asked if it had to do with the shed.  Then we watched the workers crawling through the life hill bents in awe--if the wind was anything up there like it was here, it was pretty stout.  And looked to be raining something fierce, too.

• Like 2

http://greatcoastersinterns.com/?p=1611

A GCI Intern may have given some insight about the shed? Transfer track? Part of the ride or just for maintenance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the thoughts he put out, but I hope he was allowed to send the post via the park and the GCI Company without breaking any NDA's

• Like 2

Since it was on GCI's website, I assume it was reviewed by his superior's prior to posting, though certainly not guaranteed.

With that said, its not like he gave anything away.  Of the small % of those who ride next year that truly care what is in the shed and understand any of the coaster science behind a ride, they would have already assumed with a good amount of confidence that the transfer table was going to be in or around that shed.  Other than confirming what we already knew, he doesn't tell us anything much beyond they layman's description of how said design is detailed

• Like 4

I recall Gwazi having a transfer track on each side just before the station, but I don't recall the turn going into the station being as sharp as what is indicated on the MT track layout. 

I was at Dollywood for their "Christmas in the Smokies" last weekend and while in line for Lightning Rod they were adding another train because of the crowds. Let me just say that the transfer track is ingenious...when not in use, the 2nd train is actually is stored just below the operational train while in the station and is loaded onto the track via an elevator like platform. It's kinda hard to describe unless you see it in action, but based on the track layout rendering of MT that we see now, I don't think that is what we will see in the shed. Besides, the train is empty for safety reasons during a transfer so it definitely is not rider inclusive.

• Like 4

I recall Gwazi having a transfer track on each side just before the station, but I don't recall the turn going into the station being as sharp as what is indicated on the MT track layout. 

I was at Dollywood for their "Christmas in the Smokies" last weekend and while in line for Lightning Rod they were adding another train because of the crowds. Let me just say that the transfer track is ingenious...when not in use, the 2nd train is actually is stored just below the operational train while in the station and is loaded onto the track via an elevator like platform. It's kinda hard to describe unless you see it in action, but based on the track layout rendering of MT that we see now, I don't think that is what we will see in the shed. Besides, the train is empty for safety reasons during a transfer so it definitely is not rider inclusive.

Several coasters have their storage track/maintenance shed under them. 

• Like 2

^ Not several, Just a few. I don't know where they are, but there isn't that many.

I'm not surprised by the Transfer Table part of it, I'm a little more Skeptical of his choice of wording at the beginning of it saying, "seemingly paranormal contents" Feels like, that gives it a little bit away at least for the theme of it. 

• Like 4