Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

I can only think of Iron Dragon, Corkscrew(cp), Lightning Rod, Mystery Mine.. I think Loch Ness Monster has theirs underneath too... any others?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

It seems to be common on the ground up RMCs. Goliath from SF G-Am transfers that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I have really enjoyed all the construction photos posted to this point and I am looking forward to the photos that are sure to come. Sometimes it is really frustrating checking the MT website to see no updates but if they post updated photos via Twitter then I guess I can deal with that.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, ucgrady said:

Does it seam weird that the exit just dumps onto the train platform or am I looking at that wrong?

I was actually wondering that myself when I first looked at that section. What they may do is re-route the end of the platform to make it a Mystic Exit, as well as a train exit. Most of that back platform doesn't get used for anything. 

By the way, that building on the platform looks to be a photo booth, so somewhere (I'm going to guess either the first drop at the bottom, or before/during/after the tunnel. is where the picture will be taken from.

OR It's taken in the shed. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, new account said:

I have been trying to post that picture here for days but your moderator would not let me.

Just noting: the mods remove images owned by others if there is no attribution and if a legitimate source can't be determined.

• Like 5

Interesting... It definitely does look like you exit onto the train platform. I'm sure there will some kind of fencing to keep people from doing whatever on the platform. That's just not where I had expected the exit in my mind. Makes sense, though, I suppose!

That picture definitely reinvigorated my excitement for Mystic Timbers, though! Only (a guesstimated) 100 days till Opening Day!

• Like 1

With every new picture, Mystic Timbers just looks better and better. Also seeing the blueprints for the Plaza (via the Twitter) shows that Matt Ouimet's plans for every new coaster to have epic entrances plazas will continue with Mystic Timbers, which IMO is great because so far none of these plazas have come out bad IMO (Banshee's came out awesome, and from the pics I have seen rides like Fury 325, Gatekeeper, Valravn and Leviathan also have great-looking ones).

Every time I see new info on this ride, my excitement for it somehow manages to keep increasing. It clicks so many boxes for me- it's gonna be a wooden coaster (I love wood coasters), it promises lots of airtime (something I felt the park needed more of outside of Diamondback, Racer, and Vortex's 1st drop from the rear cars) and it is gonna have lots of theming and a interesting backstory...

April cannot come soon enough. :P

• Like 5