Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

Hey just curious, but does anyone have pictures of the station work currently being done? I saw a picture on one of Kings Island fanpage's but can't find it now. If somebody see it on their facebook, could you share it on here please? I'll give he/she a dollar!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JubJester said:

Another fantastic view of Mystic Timbers:

You can really tell from this how its going to interact with White Water Canyon. (Crosses WWC five times as the tweet states)

Oh my world that overbank airtime hill looks beautiful I CAN NOT WAIT to get on this ride, April PLEASE come already.

• Like 10

The entrance will be around where the old funnel cake stand was/ where the "watch for falling trees" fence was last season (toward the front of the park from the train station). 

As for when they'll post the 2017 map, your guess is as good as mine. It seems to me 2016's map was posted pretty late in the offseason but one never knows. 

Edit: they tweeted last year around the end of February that the new map had been finalized 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, mikejenkins1 said:

So where will the official entrance for Mystic Timbers be located?   

When will we get the 2017 park map posted?

This isn't the best picture but the part circled in red is the station for Mystic Timbers. It at least shows the general position of the station to other coasters close by. As stated by Magenta Lizard it might be close to the old funnel cake stand which I think is the place I made a square in. (not positive) *Photo from Kings Island webcam.

Station of la timbers.PNG

http://pixelcaster.com/live/kingsisland/Diamondback.html

• Like 6

I cannot comment on Timberliners, as I have not ridden a coaster that has them running on it.  I have been on many GCI coasters that have Millenium Flyer trains running on them.  The trains are very comfortable compared to the old school PTC trains.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Just as a side question, what's the difference in Millennium Flyer trains vs Timberliner trains? I know one is GCI and the other is Gravity group. Is there any difference in ride experience or which type of train works well on a specific layout?

Millennium Flyer trains are much more comfy. The restraints are easier to deal with I think. 

Timberliner trains are interesting to say the least. The restraints are kind of awkward, you feel more forced into your seat with them IMO. They come at you from the side of the train. I think they are less comfy.

PS.....may wanna update your signature :D 

• Like 7

Millennium Flyers from what I understand and have seen can, just depends on where the rider holds the weight. 

The restraints come down between your legs and they don't really staple you. It's hard to tell with clicks because from each Millennium Flyer train I've been on, the restraints automatically come down to you, they aren't like PTC restraints and they do usually have some give.

• Like 4