Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

I think it's very possible it's in Soak City, towards the edge line of the waterpark

The angle of the webcam faces down through WWC, which leads toward Soak City.

I'm thinking it would lead between Rebdezvous Run and Tropical Twister. Which is toward the parking lot, which would be why you are seeing the 2nd crane sticking out as you can see cars traveling on KI Drive and 71 from this camera as well.

Below is a park map where the red circle signifies approximately is where the camera is and the yellow arrow is the viewing angle.
abbf25acd3e969e4a9df5b4361a4494f.jpg

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/plan-a-visit/park-map

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Go on google maps and use the ruler tool to draw a line from the webcam location on top of the lift through the locations that are directly below the crane on the webcam. For example, the west end of the train platform, approximate location of MT station, FAAC station and beyond.

The line will show you the crane is approximately located in the backstage/maintenance area next to Planet Snoopy, also judging from the depth of the webcam image.

^Beat me to it, and with nice satellite imagery. Never heard of NearMap before, but definitely going to check it out.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, CoasterOhio said:

^ Good reference, but Park map isn't exactly accurate per-say...

0bd827f30498831b89acda7b957d1785.jpg
(Picture provided using NearMap)

The Red line indicates the Center of the Webcam.

Green rectangle indicates the crane closest to the webcam, while the Yellow circle indicates roughly where the second crane might be. 

Sometimes it surprises me how accurate people on this sites are with their information.  I Definitely wouldn't be able to get all that data and explain it like this so props to you CoasterOhio for making things like this way more easier for me and other people to see.

• Like 4

I wonder what the capacity on MT will be?  I sure hope it's more like Banshee and less like, say BLSC.  The shed will determine a lot of that I suppose.  I'm not expert...but this site is getting me closer to that, lol...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, PKI96 said:

I wonder what the capacity on MT will be?  I sure hope it's more like Banshee and less like, say BLSC.  The shed will determine a lot of that I suppose.  I'm not expert...but this site is getting me closer to that, lol...

The shed would not limit the capacity.  They would never design a ride at KI around a theming element like that.

Likely the idea of the Shed came up when they decided to run 3 trains without a MCBR.  They are adding something to the ride instead of you sitting there waiting for the next train to dispatch.

• Like 9

I think sometimes it's good to go back and look at the pov of the ride it reminds us of everything that's on the ride because after a little we forget and only think of the big things (practically the shed). I just looked at a pov of the ride and it reminds me of how good it is. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

I'd rather wait longer to get off a ride than have to deal with a mid-course break-run. 

Really I mean I feel like it's worth it because of the extra compacity but I don't mind if the coaster still regains enough speed where the ride is still fun, I hate when a ride is sluggish, that REALLY kills a ride. It also depends on the ride, for ex Diamondback is a B&M hyper so it's mostly you flying over airtime hills and maybe an  overbank and a few helixs. All it needs to do is go over it's hills at a good speed where you get airtime, So on those type of rides MCBR are ok. But a ride like Banshee if it had an MCBR it would kill the overall experience. In my opinion it depends on the ride. 

• Like 3

Really I mean I feel like it's worth it because of the extra compacity but I don't mind if the coaster still regains enough speed where the ride is still fun, I hate when a ride is sluggish, that REALLY kills a ride. It also depends on the ride, for ex Diamondback is a B&M hyper so it's mostly you flying over airtime hills and maybe an  overbank and a few helixs. All it needs to do is go over it's hills at a good speed where you get airtime, So on those type of rides MCBR are ok. But a ride like Banshee if it had an MCBR it would kill the overall experience. In my opinion it depends on the ride. 

A ride like Banshee? So like Raptor? Or Montu? Raptors ride is still well paced and forceful after the "speed killing" MCBR...
Personally I feel like Diamondback feels sluggish after the MCBR.

MCBRs are fine unless they don't quickly pick up a good pace (not speed) if they completely stop AND dont quickly pick up speed... looking at you FOF then they are kinda lame... but just kinda
Some rides you might actually love having a MCBR (i.e. Vortex for riders that are not me)
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, calakapepe said:

A ride like Banshee? So like Raptor? Or Montu? Raptors ride is still well paced and forceful after the "speed killing" MCBR...
Personally I feel like Diamondback feels sluggish after the MCBR.

MCBRs are fine unless they don't quickly pick up a good pace (not speed) if they completely stop AND dont quickly pick up speed... looking at you FOF then they are kinda lame... but just kinda emoji14.png
Some rides you might actually love having a MCBR (i.e. Vortex for riders that are not me)

That's the word I was looking for Pacing not speed. The thing with Banshee is that with the loose layout it has I don't think an MCBR would work well. On Diamondback it does get sluggish, But you still get the airtime on the hill and cruise through them at an ok pace. I didn't get to ride FoF last season but seeing pov's its pretty luggish on that MCBR.

• Like 2