Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

Idk I was fine with Mystic Timbers' announcement video also. They both have a sinilar level of cheesy amusement park video. Bansher just has a much more cohesive context in that the demise of one ride makes more sense for a haunting than a mystic timbers coming about because of some wood that was cut down and put in a truck.
But the way it built up once the "threat" was established, feels quite similar in both IMO

• Like 4

MT1-600x399.jpg

http://www.coaster101.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/MT1-600x399.jpg

Does anyone know what the building on the right is?  Is that a part of the queue line or is this going to be lockers?

Here's the blueprints from twitter from a while ago.  You can see a couple buildings next to the station.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1VGsGPUAAEm4DK.jpg

(Mod edit: removed the embedded Twitter image, as the copyright status is unclear. It's available by clicking the above link.)

• Like 4

I'm glad it seems unlikely the gift shop will be in the exit. 

I understand the assumed psychology of an exit shop (still excited from the ride, riders will see our merchandise and have to have it!) but I just don't think it works. 

Especially in Banshee's shop, where there is not much room and no possible bypass for riders. There is nothing that takes away my urge to stop, look, and shop, more than having a small room flooded by thirty people at once. I just want to get out ASAP! 

I occasionally will look around in Diamondback Trading Post, but mostly I prefer the shops that are just shops, so there isn't constant flow of people who are disinterested in shopping that I need to avoid. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Drummermattk said:

Those leaked Blueprints showed it being near the train station I believe.

Based on his suggestion of it being at the bottom of the second drop, or in the shed, I'd assume he is talking about where the camera that takes the picture would be located. It would be kinda hard to get guests out to the reservoir to buy pics. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, fryoj said:

Based on his suggestion of it being at the bottom of the second drop, or in the shed, I'd assume he is talking about where the camera that takes the picture would be located. It would be kinda hard to get guests out to the reservoir to buy pics. 

My bad i read it wrong.

I just recently looked at those leaked blueprints and a couple things stick out at me:

1. The exit will be possibly be merged with KI&MVRR? From what is shown it looks like the exit will go down underneath Mystic Timbers track and merge with the train's exit (possibly will still have the fence and gate there for the train) and looks to be a small hut or building there. Maybe something like a Firehawk type building for photos?

2. If you look at the picture of the leaked Blueprint it looks to have some kind of covering/awning about a fourth of the way into the line. Possibly for shade?

Also from the picture above that covering looks to be for the lockers.

• Like 2

You can also see the truck in the blueprints right at the ride's entrance.

Notice how windy the path gets between the ride plaza and the beginning of the straight section of the que line. Maybe #theming?

Also you can see the locker building in the upper left corner so the building that was shown in the photo above isn't a locker building. It doesn't even seem like a photo building either because it isn't part of the exit.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

If Timbers' exit merges with KI&MVRR's exit (it looks like it spills onto the platform), wouldn't they have to kind of modify the platform with some kind of gate between the tracks and the exit?

My guess is that new concrete will be poured behind what is now the train's exit, the gates and fence that train uses now will stay standing and they'll merge somewhere along the train's exit. Grant it I know Blueprints are Blueprints but some changes are made sometimes. Basically to sum all of this up. A LOT OF FOOTWORK WILL BE AT TRAIN FROM EXITING OF TIMBERS LOL

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Drummermattk said:

^I wonder if when the Train backstage tour during Coasterstock is given if they will take us back to this point. That would give some great off ride shots for pictures and videos!

There will not be a train tour this year at Coasterstock. There will be a behind the scenes photo opportunity of the train tied in with Diamondback. 

We've added lights on tours of Haunt mazes during the event. 

• Like 19

I have not posted in a while, but Mystic Timbers looks absolutely beautiful. Many are right that the POV and the No Limits 2 rendering does not give this ride justice. Many park visitors are going to be in for a surprise come April. Also, by looking at the blueprints for the queue line and entry plaza, it looks like there will be some theming. Also is anyone else excited to see the lead car for the trains. Will it just be a blue truck or will there be other colors for the trains 2 and 3?

• Like 6