Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

Hey guys! I'm not sure if you listen or care but, the Coasterradio podcast featured an interview this week with Adam House from GCI (this week is part 2 of the interview.) They spend a large chunk of time talk about building Mystic Timbers, desgining and construction has been going over.

*I am inserting a slight spoiler alert, I don't think what Adam says really give that much away. It just makes me more exicted, but I am flashing a spoiler alert because there was one thing he said that grabbed my attention about the shed*

One thing that really grabbed my attention was when they do talk breifly about The Shed. They DO NOT get let out of the bag, but I did find it interest that Adam said "Your going to have to ride Mystic Timbers 3 times, once in the day, once at night, and once to really understand the shed." Again this didn't tell me perosanlly much about What's in the Shed but it did really get me thinking about it. 

• Like 7

Yeah,  Don was asked about it like a month ago I think when a news station was out there covering Mystic Timbers, he said sort of the same thing, that we'll have to ride it during the daytime and nighttime to tell a difference about what's in the shed.  Some kind of lighting effects, or is it something that shows up like glowing on the train car's at night that doesn't show up during the daytime. Maybe have some vines painted on the train car's glowing in the dark?  Hmmm

Going to watch the podcast now!

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, chugh43 said:

Can you give a link to it? 

Sure! You can find it on iTunes if you would prefer but here is a link to their website, you can listen to it there also! 

http://www.coasterradio.com/index.php

If you go to this link, the podcast with the interview is the one featured on the homepage! If you go to the archives you can listen to last weeks episode which is part 1 of the interview, it is mostly Adam's background and how he got started in the industry. 

*edit* - The actual interview starts around the 10 min, 11 minute mark if you want to skip ahead to it! 

• Like 3

I wonder if it will be the same effects during the day and night. For example if I ride MT during the day and see what's in the shed, will the train behind me see the same thing? Same goes for the night ride. Will every ride see the same thing? I always thought the affects would alternate like per cycle like on Verbolten. 

• Like 4

It sounds more like the time of day is pertinent in what is showed. So its probably not a cycle per train.. which I think is good so that you have zero chance of 5 rides in the a month and only getting one of the shows.. unless you choose or are unable to get to the park in the day and the night.

I think the shed will help finish off the story... but I'm still confused.
1- in daylight
2- at night
3- just to truly understand the shed? But when would you need to ride?

Will you leave the shed the first time through with more questions than you came with? Will answers only make sense after that third ride?

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, calakapepe said:

It sounds more like the time of day is pertinent in what is showed. So its probably not a cycle per train.. which I think is good so that you have zero chance of 5 rides in the a month and only getting one of the shows.. unless you choose or are unable to get to the park in the day and the night.

I think the shed will help finish off the story... but I'm still confused.
1- in daylight
2- at night
3- just to truly understand the shed? But when would you need to ride?

Will you leave the shed the first time through with more questions than you came with? Will answers only make sense after that third ride?

I was both confused and intrigued by this too... maybe (long shot) you get one expereience during the day and somthing different at night and you have to piece them together?? again.. longshot but maybe you have to piece together a story??

It'll all make sense in 49 days... :)

• Like 5

I'm still confused on the whole story thing. All we know is:

1. The Miami River Lumber Co bought a ton of land for the trees with plans to use the railroad as a means of transporting the lumber.
  2. A strange grown of vines and foliage started taking over the area by a medusa looking creature. 

There were hints that the train was a "major key" when teasing the ride in the summer before the pr release so maybe that could mean a little more than just a teaser. Whatever's in the shed has to be pretty epic to require riders to ride 3 times to truly know. 

• Like 3

One thing seems for certain. Whoever crafted this story.. or at least gave the initial premise that grew to what's "in the shed", is truly an out-of-the-box thinker.

Agreed! Side note- Wonder who did come up with the entire "shed" concept..?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Still thinking this is screen based.  Two guesses, either the show is different based on the time of day, or it is based on the conditions outside the ride.

One crazy idea I have had is that it will be a massive augmented reality effect.  I could see cameras mounted on the outside of the building.  Then when you are on the ride you start with something that looks like the inside of a saw mill, at some point the walls get holes or ripped apart and as the "walls" are removed you see an image of what is outside the shed.  

• Like 4

13 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

I'm still confused on the whole story thing. All we know is:

1. The Miami River Lumber Co bought a ton of land for the trees with plans to use the railroad as a means of transporting the lumber.
  2. A strange grown of vines and foliage started taking over the area by a medusa looking creature. 

There were hints that the train was a "major key" when teasing the ride in the summer before the pr release so maybe that could mean a little more than just a teaser. Whatever's in the shed has to be pretty epic to require riders to ride 3 times to truly know. 

I was thinking about it and maybe you just need to ride it several times because there will be too much going on to get it all in the first ride.  

• Like 2

On 2/19/2017 at 8:21 PM, SonofBaconator said:

I'd love to listen to this type of audio while I'm waiting in the que line or when the coaster enters the shed. Blowing wind, saw mills, owl hoots, crickets, bliss.

That is one neat log ride. Never been to Knots Berry before.

• Like 4