Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

^ Interesting, maybe they just pulled it back for a little bit for something?

But in regards to The Beast, I can attest to the whole Beast railing talk as I've touched the railing before (which was somewhat unwise but sometimes ya gotta learn the hard way). Didn't expect too much damage but it did take off a few layers of a small piece of skin. I was young and dumb as well, only 15. But now I'm a clearly more mature age of 16 lol :P

• Like 5

^ Precisely, I did it right after the long straight section going around the right turn immediately before the second tunnel. I'd venture as far as to say that The Beast really did attack me that night. :P Or did it retaliate at me attacking it with my hand, we may never know. :lol:

• Like 6

7 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Posted to Instagram: station view!

The construction of the station for Mystic Timbers is taking shape nicely. Although, I feel that with the construction of the station and shed nearing completion, in fact 6 weeks in-the-making, I scratch my head and begin to ponder about how the 3 GCI Millennium Flyer trains will be hoisted onto the wooden track considering that all the buildings toward the terminal point of the ride are all built and walls cover all four corners of each of the 5 buildings. How is the Mystic Timbers construction team planning to hoist up the trains onto the track when the transfer track is stored within a building such as the shed? I'm anticipating seeing the construction crew load the cars from each train onto the track with all the buildings blocking access ways to do so.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, JCJTheHurricane said:

^ Interesting, maybe they just pulled it back for a little bit for something?

But in regards to The Beast, I can attest to the whole Beast railing talk as I've touched the railing before (which was somewhat unwise but sometimes ya gotta learn the hard way). Didn't expect too much damage but it did take off a few layers of a small piece of skin. I was young and dumb as well, only 15. But now I'm a clearly more mature age of 16 lol :P

WHAT! You can actually touch the track on Beast?!?!?!? I thought you guys were just kidding. How?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, calakapepe said:

YES! I'm so glad we have a new woodie finally

Edit- i wonder what's going to hang over the top of the steps there.. maybe simply a light?

I'm thinking either a light (although it looks like there is already electric inside of the station, note the lights above the platform) or a sign for Miami River Lumber Company.

• Like 6

^ At first glance the first thing that I thought of was a sign as well. I also have been wondering how they will design the lead car, incorporating the front of a truck on it. Considering they're millennium flyer trains, I would think that with the way their usually designed where the front is usually flat, a protruding truck hood would look a little strange hanging over the track IMO. Idk, but I'm sure it'll look great anyway that they do it.

• Like 2

It's probably gonna be like New Texas Giant. GCI have lead chasis too. Have essentially a fancy rectangle on the front with a gap necessary from it and the front row gate portion... or even omit the usual gci gate for the first row.
I dont think it's going to be severely hanging over the front

• Like 3

I'm wondering if Mystic Timbers will be part of Ouimet's "Amusement Dark" initiative that he's been pushing. He talked about dark rides telling stories about mysteries that are present in each park. I'm also curious to see if Triotech has any involvement in the shed since there is clearly going to be some type of changing animation. If that's so, wouldn't that knock out KI for getting a triotech ride in the future? 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, calakapepe said:

Hahaha how cute!
Basically what I was envisioning but larger front ~ thanks for the visual

The trains on Coastersaurus are smaller versions of the Millennium Flyers since it is a kids woodie (smaller as in slightly narrower).  I imagine GCI could cook up a slightly larger front on their full scale Flyers.  

• Like 4