Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

23 minutes ago, chugh43 said:

03080406237cb52003dd57899c8ccf89.jpg

I was under the impression there wouldn't be a gift shop directly near the ride.

I'm literally freaking out right now! The theme is fantastic and the truck looks even more amazing in person then it did the animation! I'm getting more and more excited as the days pass! April 14th hurry up! (or 13th, and 15th for some people.)

• Like 15

That truck is gorgeous! Appropriately aged for the theme ... not that you'd have to physically age it yourself all that much :P
Gonna need to start doing some research about Miami River Lumber Company lol

Notice the truck in the photo is sitting JUST outside the webcam :P
I wonder what else is at the park that we can't see :P

• Like 10

^So far I can't. Although I know a few folks disappointed it wasn't 300 ft. and a hundred miles an hour. I personally can't wait to take a lap or ten on it. 

Alas, looks like I'll be waiting till the second weekend to do just that, as I have a "Fury"ious plans to do some Volcano exploring that first weekend. 

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

I dare you to find one thing wrong with this ride. Can't wait!

My biggest issue with this ride is that I haven't ridden it yet, but I guess that is fixable, in time. :) Seriously, ever since riding Renegade at Valleyfair, I've been wanting something similar for KI, so I was excited once it was announced.

• Like 9

Looks like the ride already has better theming than 85% of the rides at KI. It's Looking great, Still so happy Cedar Fair decided to give us a coaster that is nice. 39 more days, So practically 9 Days and 1 Month Left!

• Like 7

^Overall though, Kings Island seems to have fairly good theming. Obviously not on the level of Disney or Busch, but compared to most other Cedar Fair and Six Flags parks, it's pretty good. Plus it's not all from the times of Paramount, as we can see with Banshee and Mystic Timbers. Hopefully this kickstarts a chain of new rides with pretty good theming around Cedar Fair, as well as refurbishment of the theming of older rides such as Adventure Express and BLSC whose theming is just a bit... weathered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

I don't post here often, actually only twice before. But I'm going to take a guess at whats in the shed. I don't know if any one else has thrown it out there but the shed looks like its part of a Lumber mill. So the shed Might be A Milling shed with saw blades as you slowly roll by. Just a thought. I Know the PR guy for the park said somewhere that if someone guessed it they would announce it. With all the good guesses I don't see how we haven't gotten it yet. What do you guys think? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The_Guy said:

I don't post here often, actually only twice before. But I'm going to take a guess at whats in the shed. I don't know if any one else has thrown it out there but the shed looks like its part of a Lumber mill. So the shed Might be A Milling shed with saw blades as you slowly roll by. Just a thought. I Know the PR guy for the park said somewhere that if someone guessed it they would announce it. With all the good guesses I don't see how we haven't gotten it yet. What do you guys think? 

I could see that happening. Nature trying to put the truck (humans) through what the trees are made to go through; the sawing and shaping, sometimes heating.

MT just got political; save the trees!  lol

• Like 9

On 3/6/2017 at 2:06 PM, freaks76 said:

^So far I can't. Although I know a few folks disappointed it wasn't 300 ft. and a hundred miles an hour. I personally can't wait to take a lap or ten on it. 

Alas, looks like I'll be waiting till the second weekend to do just that, as I have a "Fury"ious plans to do some Volcano exploring that first weekend. 

I'm super excited for this ride, but I'm also kinda one of those 300 ft people lol. I was hoping those 2 rides were gonna be installed Giga first then the GCI. But I haven't complained once because I know were getting an incredible ride. Can't wait to check out some Volcano's myself around Halloween. Only my "FURY"ous weekend comes a few weeks sooner"31st" of this month. I'll also be "running from outlaws" in late June while on vacation lol. Have a good trip buddy!!!

• Like 7

ACE sent out a newsletter this morning with the registration details for media day.  The event will be 5 AM to 11 AM on the 13th.  Speculation for a while now has been no coaster clubs would be invited so this is a pleasant surprise.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

Is there any leads on if another company has been hired to work on the interior of the shed? I know Ouimet said he wants to work with more practical animation throughout Cedar Fair such as animatronics.

One would assume that they have hired an outside company, who that is, we likely won't know until after the fact.

• Like 3