Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

One would assume that they have hired an outside company, who that is, we likely won't know until after the fact.

Anyone want to speculate? If you could pick anyone, Who would you want to see do the inside of the shed??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Is there any leads on if another company has been hired to work on the interior of the shed? I know Ouimet said he wants to work with more practical animation throughout Cedar Fair such as animatronics.

Source? That's very exciting news. If we have real vines that are growing during the show then I'm going to love it.
No one needs more screens, Universal and triotech are doing too much of that
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, johnaalexis said:

Anyone want to speculate? If you could pick anyone, Who would you want to see do the inside of the shed??

Triotech!! (mainly since they've worked with Cedar Fair on about 3-5 projects)

• Like 3

Triotech!! (mainly since they've worked with Cedar Fair on about 3-5 projects)

I was think the same! Kind of hoping actually lol I've never experienced a Triotech ride before, I've heard good and bad. But sometime I hear the bad and it seems like people are being too nit picky about things. This will also be my first GCI and I'm excited to ride these trains I keep hearing so much about!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, calakapepe said:

Source? That's very exciting news. If we have real vines that are growing during the show then I'm going to love it.
No one needs more screens, Universal and triotech are doing too much of that

While animatronics have not played prominent roles in Guardian or Iron Reef, Ouimet expects to work on future Amusement Dark projects with San Bernardino-based Garner Holt Productions, which created life-like figures for recent refurbishments of the 1969 Timber Mountain Log Ride and the 1960 Calico Mine Ride at Knott’s.

http://www.latimes.com/travel/themeparks/la-trb-cedar-fair-dark-rides-20150415-story.html

Garner Holt Productions is responsible for a huge chunk of the animation that you see at Disney Parks as well as Knott's. I'd love to see them come to KI.

• Like 9

The building connected to the station is the shed, and the photo booth (as in where you can purchase a photo) is guestimated to be that soon to be built building featured in the picture showcasing the turn out of the station. We've seen some blueprints that place a building there on the exit path of MT and the train's south exit.

Maybe the ride will have photos taken IN the shed now that I think of it..

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, calakapepe said:

The building connected to the station is the shed, and the photo booth (as in where you can purchase a photo) is guestimated to be that soon to be built building featured in the picture showcasing the turn out of the station. We've seen some blueprints that place a building there on the exit path of MT and the train's south exit.

Maybe the ride will have photos taken IN the shed now that I think of it..

Sorry I didn't specify, I was referring to the building in the picture being connected to the Train station not the coaster station.

Too many dang sheds

• Like 5

2 hours ago, johnaalexis said:

New Photo from @KingsIslandPR Twitter!! 

Better View of Pic https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6fvOhdXMAQhY0T.jpg:largeC6fvOhdXMAQhY0T.jpg:large

I see a Photo shed at the top middle.

And I also am curious why they put the tunnel there... I just feel like it's just a randomly placed tunnel with no true connection to anything. So I really am interested in what they do in the Interior of the tunnel.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CoasterOhio said:

I see a Photo shed at the top middle.

And I also am curious why they put the tunnel there... I just feel like it's just a randomly placed tunnel with no true connection to anything. So I really am interested in what they do in the Interior of the tunnel.

It is connected to Mystic Timbers!  For you question, we ride through the tunnel. :D

Like calakapepe stated, tunnels are awesome. I see no issues with its placement. 

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, WailsLikeABanshee said:

GUYS. LOOK.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

LETS GO, I have been waiting for the picture of the trains. It's funny how like 3 people posted this in like the first few minutes of this picture coming out. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, SonofBaconator said:

So you want tight turns, low friction turned on, and guests puking every where? 

Haha LOL. Now that brings back memories, Reminding how nonrealistic my RCT3 rides were, but at the same time being able to make almost anything made it funnier

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Xdog42 said:

Haha LOL. Now that brings back memories, Reminding how nonrealistic my RCT3 rides were, but at the same time being able to make almost anything made it funnier

I have made some accurate versions of current coasters that are fairly smooth. However, when I see some people's rct3 coasters I pray they never decide to become roller coaster designers. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, SonofBaconator said:

I have made some accurate versions of current coasters that are fairly smooth. However, when I see some people's rct3 coasters I pray they never decide to become roller coaster designers. 

I was never good at building real life rides in RCT3. But I did get better at making realistic coasters.

• Like 3

AT LAST! The trains have arrived...hopefully we see them on track testing them soon. :P

33 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

I hope Mystic Timbers with added lights doesn't lag....:P

Uh-oh. I know my computer isn't the best (laptop with Core i5 and integrated graphics), but a full-sized park like Kings Island, with guests coming in, starts running at like 10-15fps in RCT3 on it (it's fine if you have the park closed and keep it daytime though). Mystic Timbers (and everything else in the park- dear lord WindSeeker would get awful frame rates due to having to render the whole park below plus its lights at night) would be awful if it felt like that IRL...hopefully Kings Island has upgraded their system specs to the latest Core i7's with 128GB RAM and 4x GTX 1080 Tis in SLI. (And knowing how RCT3 is, it would probably still lag) :lol:

• Like 7