Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

1 minute ago, Rivertown Rider said:

Looking forward to riding those Millennium Flyers. 

Yea I heard there nice. When I went to Dollywood I was scared of coasters so I missed out on Thunderhead, That was 2015 but I could ride it this year.

• Like 2

Ahh my favorite wooden coaster trains. Not only are they comfortable, but the single-row trailered cars track so much better than PTCs! Those of you that have never ridden a GCI are in for a real treat. It will probably be the smoothest traditional woodie you'll ever ride (at least in the first season).

Did I mention how PUMPED I am to finally have a GCI at Kings Island?? I've been wanting one for years! :D

• Like 11

31 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

I'm very intrigued by how the KI GP will react to the ride when they actually ride it. 

"Is so smooth." "I thought it was going to be bumpy." "The Beast is so rough now." "Why can't The Beast be this smooth??" "It hurts now when I ride The Beast." "I won't even ride The Racer anymore" 

• Like 11

I am curious to see how people will look at The Beast and The Racer after they ride Mystic Timbers. People usually expect wooden coasters to be rougher so I'm wondering if Mystic Timbers will make people think lesser of the other woodies. People thought Vortex and Firehawk were the smoothest rides in the park until rides like Diamondback and Banshee came along. 

• Like 6

Im guessing it wont change much. GCIs are smooth but that doesnt mean they won't wear you out similar to how Beast will in terms of laterals..

I personally think Beast is as smooth as a standard GCI nowadays, and Racer isnt nearly as rough as it used to be..

I think the comparison will more be about whats more fun our intense. I think people will be split 1/3 liking MT better.. 2/3 still preferring Beast.. heck maybe even 4/5 for Beast.. since a lot of people rank it better than Voyage or El Toro lol

Side note. I think it's funny how much a tease KI is with the trains lol. People kept asking for train pictures... and the one we get is all the cars still heavily wrapped, not even of the leas car (the one that will actually look different from your typical GCI lol

• Like 6

I think for a lot of us, it's satisfying just to know they're on site, because that means testing won't be delayed. I think showing us without showing us was the perfect way to satisfy our anxiety without (yet) satisfying our curiosity. 

For me, it was much more important to know they're there than to get a clear look. 

• Like 12

16 hours ago, Magenta Lizard said:

Yay! Trains are in!

(Heh, we're all pretty excited)

Well.....Okay, this is starting to get more "mystic" and interesting the more the Mystic Timbers' construction crew completes the construction of the 3,265 foot-long roller coaster. As I said prior, I don't see how the construction crew will be able to insert the trains onto the track considering that the four corners of each of the 5 buildings are enclosed by walls, it seems  as though the transfer-track, which is inclusive in 1 of the 5 buildings isn't accessible. I'm curious to know how the construction crew will load the trains onto the transfer-track to then be able to routinely cycle test-runs prior to opening day. In regards to the trains themselves, it also seems that the train assembly is different than that, reflected in the Mystic Timbers' renderings. I don't see the hood of the truck, nor do I see the headlights or air vents as depicted in the renderings. I scratch my head and ponder whether or not the assembly of the truck-like theme for the stock-trains will be assembled separately by the KI team; if not, I think that now will be the appropriate time to make the conjecture that the trains will not reflect the trains in the renderings. Hence, the overgrowth of vines on the mid-course tunnel, shed and station will not be inclusive in the completion of the construction project for Mystic Timbers. I'm investing good time in reading others' comments to see if someone else will notice that the lead car of each of the 3 trains doesn't have a hood, headlights or air vents as the renderings indicate, the Banshee renderings for Banshee matched.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, QuantumMechanicsInMotion said:

Well.....Okay, this is starting to get more "mystic" and interesting the more the Mystic Timbers' construction crew completes the construction of the 3,265 foot-long roller coaster. As I said prior, I don't see how the construction crew will be able to insert the trains onto the track considering that the four corners of each of the 5 buildings are enclosed by walls, it seems  as though the transfer-track, which is inclusive in 1 of the 5 buildings isn't accessible. I'm curious to know how the construction crew will load the trains onto the transfer-track to then be able to routinely cycle test-runs prior to opening day. In regards to the trains themselves, it also seems that the train assembly is different than that, reflected in the Mystic Timbers' renderings. I don't see the hood of the truck, nor do I see the headlights or air vents as depicted in the renderings. I scratch my head and ponder whether or not the assembly of the truck-like theme for the stock-trains will be assembled separately by the KI team; if not, I think that now will be the appropriate time to make the conjecture that the trains will not reflect the trains in the renderings. Hence, the overgrowth of vines on the mid-course tunnel, shed and station will not be inclusive in the completion of the construction project for Mystic Timbers. I'm investing good time in reading others' comments to see if someone else will notice that the lead car of each of the 3 trains doesn't have a hood, headlights or air vents as the renderings indicate, the Banshee renderings for Banshee matched.

Long detailed post, but the renderings for the Shed will not be the final product. They're an idea. There is more than likely going to be an opening for the Transfer track for crews to add or remove trains from the ride during the winter and so on.

Not only that, but even if they did that, what you are saying about it. It's not hard for them to still take the trains off without a transfer track. See Invertigo. They disassemble bogies from the train and remove the trains from there. 

(Information does not come from the park. It's mostly just common sense. Plus other parks stating this. (I'd have to find that information though.)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Pagoda Gift Shop said:

"The ending was just like Adventure Express."

#What's in the Shed, Here's What I Think:

Note that this is not just random thoughts, this is supported by the language of KI and Adam House, senior engineer of Great Coasters International.

I have to assent to this notation that the GP's reaction will be relatively synonymous to the terminal point of the ride being similar to Adventure Express. I think even as an enthusiast myself, I think that my personal reaction will be synonymous to Mystic Timbers' shed being similar to the terminal of Adventure Express, I do not have the expectation that innovation lurks in the shed, although, I do hope that my expectations are shattered and what lurks in the shed is beyond my personal expectations. I think that the shed will have at least 2 different experiences, one in day-light and the other experience being accessible at moon-light, which would support Adam House's thought that riders will have to ride once in the day-light, once at moon-light and the other time just to understand the theme and understand what's taking place in the shed both in the day and night. I'm thinking it will be a story continuum, KI did say that the Miami River Lumber Company was where Mystic Timbers' story begins, notice the word "story". I think the story will begin in day-light and end at moon-light providing those 2 different experiences. I think there will be strobe lights, video monitoring, projection screens and other immersive effects that will enhance the experience of the ride, I do not think that there will be any drop-tracks, or any other means of innovation within the shed. 

My Thoughts on the Details of the Story for #"What's in the Shed"

This is supported by the language of KI and senior engineer of Great Coasters International, Adam House.

I think that the story-line behind Mystic Timbers will be surrounded in shrouded mystery as far as the overgrowth of mystic vines. Recall, we are the truck, in the animation video the truck was loaded with tree-truck and lumber by the truck driver. I'm thinking that the truck will be property of The Miami River Lumber Company. The truck driver will go to collect Lumber from the fields as an employee of the company and then the driver will notice mysterious growth of medusa-like vines extracting from the field. In the shed, I'm thinking this is the part where the lights will dim and mysterious noises will be erected. There may be a projection screen in the shed continuing from what was last shown in the animation of the video. Don Helbig did say that nobody has correctly guessed what was truly in the shed, that statement stands valid from the day that Mystic Timbers was announced up until January when Foxed 19 news anchor, Robert Guaderrama conducted a hard-hat tour at the park, more specifically, it dates back to January 12, 2017.

Edited by QuantumMechanicsInMotion
Further Explanation
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, QuantumMechanicsInMotion said:

In the first few scenes of this Wodan video, you can see the crew loading the cars onto the main brake run before the transfer/storage track. I believe most GCI's follow this method because I've never seen a GCI storage shed with a door to pull trains out of. I haven't re-found any pictures or videos of this specifically yet, but there's a small cut on each side of the track on the brake run that allows for the upstop wheels to slide through, for the install or removal of each car. The gaps are normally covered by inserts to prevent the side-friction wheels from shifting into the gap (or the train somehow hoping up through the hole).

https://youtu.be/8VQYBmAleGM

• Like 2

21 hours ago, JCoaster25 said:

Ahh my favorite wooden coaster trains. Not only are they comfortable, but the single-row trailered cars track so much better than PTCs! Those of you that have never ridden a GCI are in for a real treat. It will probably be the smoothest traditional woodie you'll ever ride (at least in the first season).

Did I mention how PUMPED I am to finally have a GCI at Kings Island?? I've been wanting one for years! :D

Question for people who have ridden in these coaster trains....

How are they for people who might have a little extra meat on their bones? Compared to the trains on Racer/Beast?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, nhimes90 said:

Question for people who have ridden in these coaster trains....

How are they for people who might have a little extra meat on their bones? Compared to the trains on Racer/Beast?

They are slightly more forgiving to people of larger size from what I've gathered. (I'm not of larger size but have ridden with some folks that are on quite a few different GCI's)

Also keep in mind that the restraint system is different from that found on the PTC trains used on The Racer and The Beast. 

• Like 4