Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

I hope that Diamondback one day loses the bins. Could significantly reduce load times and increase capacity. I think that they're fine on rides like The Bat or Adventure Express but for a ride that can garner 2+ hour queues on any given day like Diamondback can, I think that the bins should be taken away. 

• Like 5

There would have to be lockers installed near the ride. I'd say take some of the games sitting outside the gift shop and replace them with lockers. The only problem I can think of would be blocking the windows of the giftshop.

Maybe Tom and chees haunt location? I doubt they'd share the lockers that MT will use (the locker location that WWC used)
  • Like 2

I think bins should remain on Diamondback because if they used lockers people will have to pay money to even be able to ride becuase most people bring bags with them its like. For example I live in Mason and I frequent Kings Island and its annoying to have to bring 2 dollars with me to even ride Banshee so i don't ride it as much as I would want because I bring a bag

• Like 1

Yet with all the signage you will still see lines being held up with "But I didn't see any sign" or "why can't I bring all my loose items on with me". Another thing that needs to be implemented is "no flip flops". I hate dealing with that issue on Banshee. They should be considered them a loose item.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Mystic.Timber1 said:

I think bins should remain on Diamondback because if they used lockers people will have to pay money to even be able to ride becuase most people bring bags with them its like. For example I live in Mason and I frequent Kings Island and its annoying to have to bring 2 dollars with me to even ride Banshee so i don't ride it as much as I would want because I bring a bag

Bins are an unnecessary evil. They are nice to store things in and a nice way to not have to spend $ on lockers.....however, it's unnecessary for the things people bring into parks that they can get in park. The only exception I have to this is medical needs such as Diabetes kits.

Having worked Diamondback specifically, I can tell you things that were left in the bins weren't necessary other than the drink cups. We'd have people drop book bags full of stuff. If it's not something you can't leave for a few minutes it probably shouldn't come into the park with you. If it's not something you're willing to protect by keeping it in a locker, it shouldn't come into the park with you. If it's not something you can leave in your car, it shouldn't come to the park with you. 

There are too many options available to the point we don't even need bins. We've got unlimited drink pass (without the cup), all season dining, FunPix, shops are open a bit later than park close....some of the prizes are too big to fit in bins so they'd need to go to a car anyway if you win a game, etc. 

People have cargo shorts with zipper pockets, wallets that hold cards, FunPix lanyards to hold your season pass, etc.  It all seems a bit unnecessary to have to worry about keeping everything they can possibly bring with them to the park. 

You either get a locker, leave it in a car, store it on your person or don't bring it if it's not medically necessary. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, chugh43 said:

There will be lockers fairly close by to MT. 

The windows of the gift shop aren't open to see in or out, so it wouldn't really matter if they were blocked.

The problem with them being close to Mystic Timbers is that's quite a walk for someone to use on Diamondback. Banshee's are across the path, MT's will be close to the entrance, so that would be quite an inconvenience to walk all the way over there to use the lockers. But I'd still take walking to MT for a locker than having bins in the station.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oldschool75 said:

Yet with all the signage you will still see lines being held up with "But I didn't see any sign" or "why can't I bring all my loose items on with me". Another thing that needs to be implemented is "no flip flops". I hate dealing with that issue on Banshee. They should be considered them a loose item.

I would imagine for this season they will have a line splitter at the top of the station, which that person's responsibility will be to look for loose items.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Oldschool75 said:

But they cannot legally make flip flops a loose article.  We had an entire discussion about this when I still worked at the Kingdom.  Specifically on a ride like Skycatcher, which is awkwardly located.  While flip flops must be removed during the ride.  They must be worn while in line.  The reason for this is because bare feet on a hot day on concrete can cause a nasty burn.  All the people would have to say is "the girl at the entrance of the Diamondback told me I couldn't wear my shoes cause they were loose!"

• Like 3

Random question, but when Kings Island releases the pov the day or two before MT opens, do you think they will end it before the shed with the vines growing over it like in the animated pov? If so, would they release a second pov after it's opened? The only reason I think they might do this is because certain YouTube accounts/forums will be begging for a pov asap and once they get it on media day, they'll put it up asap. The only other thing I can think of is a non disclosure agreement, but I'm not completely sure if this would even be applicable in this case.

Regardless, I'm not going to watch the actual pov (which I also did with Banshee). Honestly the best coaster experiences, at least for me, are those that are unexpected. That's why Voyage and Maverick are my one and two, respectively. The surprise is the best part of your first ride!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DiamondBanshee said:

Random question, but when Kings Island releases the pov the day or two before MT opens, do you think they will end it before the shed with the vines growing over it like in the animated pov? If so, would they release a second pov after it's opened?

Banshee's POV wasn't released until the ride opened. I would expect a Mystic Timbers POV until then, either.

• Like 1

The updated map isn't available on the website yet, either on the park map page or within the education days page.

EDIT: I found something interesting while reading through the HS education days packet.  When asked on describing the shed, the following question is asked-

Describe motions that you experience while in the shed.

Thoughts?

• Like 7