Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

22 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

The updated map isn't available on the website yet, either on the park map page or within the education days page.

EDIT: I found something interesting while reading through the HS education days packet.  When asked on describing the shed, the following question is asked-

Describe motions that you experience while in the shed.

Thoughts?

That's relieving to see for me!
I "knew" there had to be some sort of physical experience in there, it couldn't've just been sounds and lights.. though that likely will be there :P
Vibrations? Perhaps they've developed a new experience for roller coaster trains.. maybe the track allows the cars to move more in there.. maybe something pushes the cars up slightly or allows slight angles to occur. Maybe it's simply just a forward backward sequence with a story.. 
It's actually an immersive element :)

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Elizabeth19 said:

Kinda a little off topic. but how many bents are there for Mystic Timber and for Beast? I remember reading how many but can't remember

504 bents in total were stood on Mystic Timbers, and 811 on The Beast.

Source: @KingsIslandPR and Don Helbig, respectively.

• Like 3

Sharing this latest pic from @KingsIslandPRs Instagram page! I didn't see it posted yet so here you go!! It's crazy that it looks like it already open and they took this pic while people were riding it lol 772a922a75fb21c18941e163bf43e95e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

^Could it also be some sort of illusion that might make people feel like they're moving? Or a combination of illusions and movement?

Not probable considering questions for a physics class was asked to consider forces they felt. Not often would a question be asked simply to equal 0 in any direction sans gravity... imo ~

And especially if its meant to trick you.. the idea is education, not illusions and tricks for entertainment

• Like 4

The cameras were up this morning, and I saw people walking tracks.  I also noticed a smaller mobile crane in the transfer shed area.  That all ads up to what I expect is an exciting day at the park...  HOWEVER - it's a bit cold to cycle...

• Like 5

If there is movement to be had in the shed, could there be a hydraulic system in place that can make a section of track tilt in any direction and move slightly side to side? I can see the hydraulic system making the track seem to shake and make jostling motions as if it was tumbling. That's my guess for the shed.

• Like 8

I really hope they separate the Entrance queue from the Exit queue. It would be awful to sit in line and have someone shout out #Whatsintheshed before everyone in line can experience it. I know I'll probably be walking through the park to Mystic Timbers on Opening Day with my earbuds in on full blast to hopefully avoid that conflict lol.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, LongLiveTheSmurfRide said:

Since the webcams are down, I'm just going to use the Google Maps satellite image to see what's going on with Mystic Timbers.

Yeah.....birds eye, baby.

HOLY CRAP! IT'S GONE! IT'S ALL...JUST....GONE!

And there's some huge thing where Banshee should be!!! What happened overnight!?!?

Yeah I know your problem. When I went on to get my bird's-eye view, everything was black and white. They got rid of Delirium and put King Cobra back. What is happening?!?!? B)

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Delirium2018 said:

I really hope they separate the Entrance queue from the Exit queue. It would be awful to sit in line and have someone shout out #Whatsintheshed before everyone in line can experience it. I know I'll probably be walking through the park to Mystic Timbers on Opening Day with my earbuds in on full blast to hopefully avoid that conflict lol.

Exit queue?
I don't think I've had the pleasure :P

~~The unloading area is the same as the loading one so... we have to trust people will keep shut, or we gotta keep our ears distracted with louder or other noises

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, calakapepe said:

Exit queue?
I don't think I've had the pleasure :P

~~The unloading area is the same as the loading one so... we have to trust people will keep shut, or we gotta keep our ears distracted with louder or other noises

Lol I just realized I said Exit Queue. Silly me.

• Like 2