Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

4 minutes ago, Drummermattk said:

Does anyone see something missing from the park map cause I do. Ill give you a hint. check Rivertown. Wonder why this has been removed.

If you are referring to the Crypt building I believe it hasn't been in the park map the past couple of years.

• Like 1

Someone may have said this already, but do we think there's a chance that the headlights on MT's lead cars will actually work? Because I think that effect at night would be outstanding. Unlike any other coaster to my knowledge. [EDIT: apparently Verbolten has working headlights.] Then when the train enters the shed, they could flicker and go out. I would be a happy boy if they made that happen.

Edited by AdventureExpress35
Updated info
  • Like 3

It's been a while since my last post but I figured I would go ahead and jump in.  I've kindof been holding out to see if anybody else posted it, but since nobody has to this point I'll go ahead.  All you have to do is search the parcel of land on the Warren County Auditors site and you will find quite a bit of info.  Under the memos you'll find line items associated with permitting and or fees for the ride. More interesting though is the document under the recorder data that is a construction notice for the project and happens to list all contractors and companies involved.  I would say that researching those companies will give you a clue as to what is in the shed.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ruffbn said:

It's been a while since my last post but I figured I would go ahead and jump in.  I've kindof been holding out to see if anybody else posted it, but since nobody has to this point I'll go ahead.  All you have to do is search the parcel of land on the Warren County Auditors site and you will find quite a bit of info.  Under the memos you'll find line items associated with permitting and or fees for the ride. More interesting though is the document under the recorder data that is a construction notice for the project and happens to list all contractors and companies involved.  I would say that researching those companies will give you a clue as to what is in the shed.

Link?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ruffbn said:

ive been trying to tell people that doing something very similar to this will also let you see an ride or attraction that is under contstruction. public ride...meansa public record and permit

• Like 2

I went through the list and all I saw which stands out these companies

Exhibit 3 Fabrications LLC - Sign work, did the sign for Banshee

Kingdom Production Inc - Exhibits and Displays, from the companies website it appears to do a lot of work for the zoo.

Schmidt Progressive - Custom Fiberglass work

I think this is a dead end.  If I am correct only the company doing the install work would be listed.  A company doing design and fabrication would not need to be listed unless they have employees in the park.  

• Like 4

Looking at the map on Warren Counties website I noticed something strange I had never noticed before.  Why did Warren County Annex a 200 ft by 200 ft piece of land in 1997?  It is located a little ways behind where Firehawk is now located.  If you look at the account page for Kings Island which was linked earlier you will see two pieces of land which are cut out of the property.  The one by the parking lot is an old cemetery.  But I have no clue what the other one is.

http://www.co.warren.oh.us/property_search/summary.aspx?account_nbr=1202235

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kenban said:

I went through the list and all I saw which stands out these companies

Exhibit 3 Fabrications LLC - Sign work, did the sign for Banshee

Kingdom Production Inc - Exhibits and Displays, from the companies website it appears to do a lot of work for the zoo.

Schmidt Progressive - Custom Fiberglass work

I think this is a dead end.  If I am correct only the company doing the install work would be listed.  A company doing design and fabrication would not need to be listed unless they have employees in the park.  

Kingdom Productions does a lot of interactive theming work. I'm thinking this may be who has the shed.

They're headquartered over in my area and I pass it everyday. Interesting place they have there.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, QuantumMechanicsInMotion said:

Who said anything about photographs? I know that as an employee you are unauthorized to post depictions of the park while on off-season and not approved, but I just wanted to know what it was that you saw. I'm curious, you don't have to say much, brief is fine, but we'd all like to know what it was that you seen that makes you certain that everyone will be enthused.

Doesn't matter whether you're talking about photos or not. You're still asking him to reveal secrets that he is not authorized to reveal. If he posts anything at all, even a single word, that gives away or even hints at non-public information, he is very likely to be immediately fired.

Multiple reminders to new employees about that have been posted on KIC in the recent days and weeks. So basically, don't ask for anything at all, not even cryptic hints. You won't get them unless somebody wants to get fired, and even if that were to happen, the moderators of this site would delete the post faster than you can say "you're fired".

• Like 20

9 hours ago, jdf21972 said:

Working at the park gives me a once in a great chance to see what is going on behind the scenes. What I saw today was truly amazing and everyone will be very happy. emoji16.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on this piece of information and the fact that the webcams have been down, I am 90% confident testing has been going on this past week. We're less than a month from opening now. I think it'd be crazy for a brand new ride not to have started tests yet.

• Like 3

I think it's more likely that it's some combination of:

• Secrets of the shed being in view of the camera prior to installation inside the shed, or
  • The shed being open to put train cars on the tracks, thereby revealing #whatsintheshed to the camera, or
  • A routine part of preparing the website for the new mobile-friendly design.

I strongly suspect that the last of those points is a convenient cover for one of the first two. Keep in mind that they just announced the presence of the train cars 10 days ago. If we assume that they actually arrived the day they were announced (likely, knowing Don), I would think that's a little quick to go from individually wrapped train cars sitting on the ground to full trains on the track testing. But then again, I know almost nothing about the process of beginning testing on a brand new coaster, so I could be completely wrong.

• Like 6

The reason I don't think it was for putting stuff in the shed is because the only webcam with views of the shed is so far from the shed on top of the tower, it's easy, in my opinion, for them to put stuff in the shed without us actually being able to tell what it is. Plus, I imagine anything large would have been put in before the roof and walls were up completely, so only small things would be left. Also, the opening of the shed appeared to face away from the camera anyways.

Ten days may seem like a short time, but it'd only take a day to unwrap the cars. Say then that the beginning of this week was spent putting trains on track, it seems highly plausible jdf21972 was privileged enough to see a test run yesterday.

• Like 5

We see videos of Banshee testing around March 17th of 2014. Opening day was April 18 in 2014.

edit- and articles of first test run on March 15, 2014

Last, known for me, word from Don was that there have been no delays.. maybe only specifically no weather delays.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, jcgoble3 said:

I think it's more likely that it's some combination of:

• Secrets of the shed being in view of the camera prior to installation inside the shed, or
  • The shed being open to put train cars on the tracks, thereby revealing #whatsintheshed to the camera, or
  • A routine part of preparing the website for the new mobile-friendly design.

I strongly suspect that the last of those points is a convenient cover for one of the first two. Keep in mind that they just announced the presence of the train cars 10 days ago. If we assume that they actually arrived the day they were announced (likely, knowing Don), I would think that's a little quick to go from individually wrapped train cars sitting on the ground to full trains on the track testing. But then again, I know almost nothing about the process of beginning testing on a brand new coaster, so I could be completely wrong.

Agreed, I feel like they took them down and they are trying to do multiple things during this time, trains to track, shed work, website work etc. Getting it all in one fell swoop :)

• Like 4

Not to burst anyone's bubble here, but I like the new park map. I really hope they take my suggestion into consideration. That was, bring in park maps that you can buy for $1.00-$2.00 like Cedar Point does. The one's that cover up a good portion of the wall like Fatheads do of sports players or stadiums. I want to add that to my wall. :)

• Like 4