Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

9 hours ago, jdf21972 said:

Cannot wait to cross under this gateway to Mystic Timbers
fd6a13b9ee1b8c4e335cb452cced4db2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great picture, where did it come from? If it's not yours make sure you cite where it came from. If it is yours, you may want to be careful sharing pictures of the park/new construction before it's available to the public especially if you work for the park. 

• Like 2

I'm honestly kind of excited about the theming of this ride.  It looks like it should belong in Rivertown, unlike some other attractions (I'm looking at you The Crypt!).  Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing everything completed when I visit during the preview night.  I'm counting down the days now, just a few more weeks!

• Like 6

I'm wondering why they had to specify "Kings Island" on the ride sign.  Don't we know where we are? It's not like the other signs in the park say "Banshee Kings Island" or "The Beast Kings Island."  I'm wondering what this is all about? Could it be that there will be other Mystic Timber coasters installed at other Cedar Fair parks?

• Like 5

Looks great! 

I'm wondering if the vine in the middle is going to stay there or not.

1 minute ago, Voicetek said:

I'm wondering why they had to specify "Kings Island" on the ride sign.  Don't we know where we are? It's not like the other signs in the park say "Banshee Kings Island" or "The Beast Kings Island."  I'm wondering what this is all about? Could it be that there will be other Mystic Timber coasters installed at other Cedar Fair parks?

I'm assuming it's part of the "Billboard" advertising style 

• Like 7

^I guess I kinda get that.  However, seeing a billboard advertisement for an amusement park attraction as the themed entrance sign, sort of pulls you out of the theming.  It's like, "Hey come check out this authentic run-down sawmill in Rivertown, but oh by the way, it's just the new attraction at our amusement park."  Maybe it's just me, but it sort of pulls me out of the element a bit.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, chugh43 said:

Looks great! 

I'm wondering if the vine in the middle is going to stay there or not.

I'm assuming it's part of the "Billboard" advertising style 

I hope not, that would completely take away from the logo art.  As a general concept, it adds to the idea that nature is taking back its mill, but there is a lot of value in that logo, and a big vine right down the middle destroys that.

• Like 8

38 minutes ago, Voicetek said:

Not everyone knows where "you are."  It's marketing.  Free advertising.  Just like most big-name parks now put the park name on the fronts of coaster trains.  So when selfies, newspaper photos, FB and Instagram and Twitter pics all get posted - they advertise the park.  Not everyone knows where Mystic Timbers is... this way they'll know.

• Like 16

I would be gobsmacked if the ugly "feather boa" of vines in the middle wasn't a temporary thing, only there while they finish placing the vines in a more natural arrangement. 

I was a little surprised at the "Kings Island" on the billboard too, but then I realized this is going to be a prime photo background, and people seeing all those pics on social media might not have otherwise known what park their friends were visiting. 

That definitely does appear to be a sheep. I'm curious if it really does say "I love (sheep silhouette)"

• Like 9