Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

22 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

This might put the nail in the coffin for why the exit que dead ends into the train station. It looks like they just sacrificed the rear part of the railroad platform to accommodate the exit que for MT. 

There's your confirmation.. I forgot to quote you initially, so in case you miss it ^^^

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Voicetek said:

I'm wondering why they had to specify "Kings Island" on the ride sign.  Don't we know where we are? It's not like the other signs in the park say "Banshee Kings Island" or "The Beast Kings Island."  I'm wondering what this is all about? Could it be that there will be other Mystic Timber coasters installed at other Cedar Fair parks?

Not the first time! Just about branding. People are going to take pictures of the sign and post on social media, park wants everybody to know where it is.

Diamondback-040709-013.jpg

• Like 12

To me, that "sheep" on MT's sign looks like (and reminds me of) Son of Beast's old baby carriage that was used in the promos and on the cover of the 2000 (iirc) park map.

Also, the sign looks cool and I get what they were going for by putting Kings Island on the sign; it's like a roadside attraction sign (in a good way). Also, that dangling vine looks like tinsel and I hope it is shaped up before it opens so we can read the sign. Speaking of the sign, I agree with Shaggy''s perspective about KI being indirectly advertised (thru selfies, etc.) by being on the sign.

EDIT: Also, Don; thanks for taking the time to answer our questions about this fantastic new ride! 25 more days! :D

• Like 9

Anyone remember the Land Rover Defender parked outside of TR:TR? Man, I loved that thing. I really hope KI does the same thing with the Miami Valley Lumber Co. classic pickup truck! Park it right outside the ride entrance. Think about how cool that would look. #theming

Edited by Haru-Kun
spelling
  • Like 6

Btw.... anyone realize that we now know there is an orange and blue train? I hope the third train is green

Edit-
I do remember the jeep! And the Mini Cooper!

Orange? I thought there was a Red Train...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Not talking about the front of the train; the color.
I pause the video and it looks like a brown with orange tint to me.
Definitely not red to me :P . I must be color blind.. except I'm not, as of the last time I tested for it lol
----
The blue train was more of a guess, cause it was a snapchat that had them wrapped, but it looked like blut was on underneath kind of. Edit-- mostly an error of my memory of seeing the picture, I thought it was more obvious but I can't find a picture that confirms what I thought I saw.
--

Looking again, it's more brown, but I still see a little orange in it, but I definitely don't see that as red. When was it confirmed a red train johnaalexis? I think I missed that one.

https://twitter.com/KingsIslandPR/status/843977719549497344

brown.jpg

Though, I still think it safe to assume a blue train exists concerning the color of the truck in the teaser, and the real truck that will sit near the entrance. So I'm loggin it up as brown and blue(ish) trains so far.

• Like 4

You know, I think on the Snapchat the train coming out of the station (which appeared red) was a different one than in the video of the one on the first drop, now that you post those images. I didn't pay as much attention on the long shot because I was assuming it was the same, red, train. 

So, I'm thinking red (from Snapchat), light blue (from the teaser pics), and tan or brown or orange (or however you want to characterize that^ one).

• Like 4

Not talking about the front of the train; the color.

I pause the video and it looks like a brown with orange tint to me.

Definitely not red to me . I must be color blind.. except I'm not, as of the last time I tested for it lol

----

The blue train was more of a guess, cause it was a snapchat that had them wrapped, but it looked like blut was on underneath kind of. Edit-- mostly an error of my memory of seeing the picture, I thought it was more obvious but I can't find a picture that confirms what I thought I saw.

--

Looking again, it's more brown, but I still see a little orange in it, but I definitely don't see that as red. When was it confirmed a red train johnaalexis? I think I missed that one.

https://twitter.com/KingsIslandPR/status/843977719549497344

brown.thumb.jpg.c116863bd9f9424ca4e2abaab7636c46.jpg

Though, I still think it safe to assume a blue train exists concerning the color of the truck in the teaser, and the real truck that will sit near the entrance. So I'm loggin it up as brown and blue(ish) trains so far.

Don't know if it was confirmed lol I just thought it looked red like a red/Maroon color lol no matter what colors the trains are or aren't we will find out soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1 hour ago, calakapepe said:

I think itll remain how it has been. Wad that platform made for haunt? Or has it been around for many years before that?

It was designed as a platform for a pumpkin patch during Hawlofest and it was just used as a platform for haunt. Unless they are bringing Tombstone Terrortory back, which I highly doubt since MT occupies the area, the platform has no apparent use that I can think of outside if theming.

• Like 5

I wish we still had a vine tunnel like this. How cool would this be if something like this was tied into the que line!!

IMG_0595.thumb.PNG.d2fef809bba1d3015e4aa966c05c09fe.PNG

The park installed 2 vine tunnels last season for White Water Canyon's new entrance.

Here's one of them

676b7f79a9d358b14ae84daf3f87f0b5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like 7