Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

Both tunnels are along the new WWC entrance/exit path, one on either side of the train crossing. I recently tweeted a pic I took late in last season, showing the other tunnel after vines had begun to grow in more.

Considering how much headway they made in a single, partial, season, I think they will have really good coverage by July, probably dense by the end of Haunt 2017.

• Like 9

Or all three trains are the same colour... Remember the first video showed water dummy's on the train, This one does not. (That doesn't mean they took them off, but that also could mean it's a different train.)

Lead Cars are temporary for now. (Probably wanting to make sure nothing bad happens to the lead car, or they are setting them up to be ready to go.)

• Like 3

I will be surprised if all three trains are the same color since we know for a fact one is orange-copper-brownish lol Orange-- because the ride is themed with the story involving a baby blue chevy.. And we have seen the queue truck.. and we know the the front of the trains are slated to have resembling fronts. all of this makes me think at least one will be blue.. and probably only one.

• Like 2

Keep in mind that the Kings Island and Miami Valley Railroad burns propane.  It is not like it is burning coal like the Cedar Point and Lake Erie Railorad or the Dollywood Express.  

The wood on Mystic Timbers is pressure treated, so it should be able to withstand the elements, including any exhaust from the train.

• Like 15

6 hours ago, calakapepe said:

Id hope KI and both Busch Gardens have already thought of this. I wouldnt expect the engineers to puff till after the cross

6 hours ago, silver2005 said:

I didn't know engineers could control that.  :huh:

Also, there will always be heat expelling from the smoke stack whenever a locomotive is in operation, whether it's sitting still or moving. The "puffing" you're referring to is when the engineer pulls back on the throttle allowing steam to go through the cylinders and eventually into the smoke stack. To stop the "puffing" the engineer will push against the throttle so that no steam is pushed through the pistons and the train will just coast, (similar to taking your foot off of the gas in your car.) If I know locomotives correctly, and I do, I expect the engineers normally push the throttle all the way in and let the train coast into the station then open it back up slightly if needed to reach the water tower and the wheelchair ramp. 

• Like 9

On 3/24/2017 at 2:38 PM, rcwizard13 said:

New color name for this train: Mystic Marigold lol

Marigold because it closely matches the Pantone color designated as "marigold"

(Btw. I just made the name up lol)

Edit: Not really sure why the quote post isn't coming up but it was rcwizard13's post with the twitter link for the picture of the MT testing. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

WEBN Live video posted on FB with a behind the scenes tour from Don...

"You're gonna wanna ride it during the day, you're gonna wanna ride it at night and also depending on where you sit on the train your experience is gonna be different on this coaster" - Don                            Hmmmm?

• Like 12

^I don't see this as much of a hint as nearly all coasters give a different experience on whether one sits in the front of the train or the back (see Diamondback, Beast, Banshee, etc.) and the same goes for day and night. However, I believe a difference in what will happen in the shed during the day and at night has already been hinted at and discussed in this thread, so it would not surprise me if the same is true for position on the train

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7