Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

1 hour ago, johnaalexis said:

Normally spoiler aren't a big deal with me but for some reason I don't want this spoiled! I was just curious but I'm pretty sure my best plan of attack is to stay of the boards after the 13th until I ride the 16th. The more I think about I may just cut twitter, insta, all of it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to try to get to the park early during preview night (only night I have time to attend for Mystic as of now) because of the potential spoilers of park guests walking down the midway talking about the shed.

• Like 3

My wife and I, and maybe my niece, are planning on coming out for the preview night.  I really hope that most people will have the sense not to shout out what's in the shed, but unfortunately, some people are ignorant and don't have respect for others.  I will be dodging spoilers like the plague, and I've got half a mind to show up on the 14th wearing earplugs until after I ride.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't cross paths with some jerk whose mission in life is to spoil the fun for everyone else.  I've met people like that, particularly when it comes to movie spoilers, so I know they're out there. 

• Like 6

Though I'm way more excited about the ride itself than I am about the shed, I am still curious about it and would like to be surprised by #whatsintheshed rather than have it spoiled to me. Also, I watched that FB video and MT seems slower than I was expecting. I'm guessing with all the test cycles needed to break it in and with fully loaded trains of people, it'll be much faster than the video shows (or at least, it will feel faster!)

18 days until I ride this thing!!!

• Like 4

I absolutley love the blue truck crashed into the signage! I hope its lights are turned on at night, that would tool amazing. It also is starting to look like the center vine on the sign is its final placement after all the updates

Edit: I dont have a problem with some of the sign being covered with vine, but it doesn't feel very natural to have a perfect vertical split down the center.

• Like 11

That center vine has got to go.

Though if you zoom in, it almost looks as if the sign is split into two panels and the vines are running along the border. Still no better, but it might explain why it's there. The photo on Instagram also appears to have a bit of light shining through the vine as if there's a split between the wood.

• Like 5

On 3/22/2017 at 3:08 PM, Haru-Kun said:

Anyone remember the Land Rover Defender parked outside of TR:TR? Man, I loved that thing. I really hope KI does the same thing with the Miami Valley Lumber Co. classic pickup truck! Park it right outside the ride entrance. Think about how cool that would look. #theming

Dude yes! My truck is there. I'm happy.

• Like 3

This actually looks amazing, at most I thought we would see something like Banshee's queue but I am very pleasantly surprised. MT has everything going for it right now to me: good ride,great theming, surprise twist, and adds something completely different to the park. I think we got ourselves a home run with this addition, KI does it again.

• Like 11

I'm loving this "Miami River Lumber Company" storyline.  I'm hoping that Mystic Timbers won't be the last place we see it.  I'm also hoping the park sells "Miami River Lumber Company" t-shirts.  They would be subtle, and only people that "get it" would understand what your shirt means.

• Like 10

Ok...I really have to chime back in here. I couldn't help analyzing the Twitter photo. I am in LOVE with the quality and also subtlety of the theming here. They really are going the extra mile on this one. Thoughts:

Red: Speakers. Not just in the queue - as would be expected - Not just in the queue but out in front of the entrance area itself. Interesting to see those horns right out in front like that. Those can get pretty loud. What will we hear?

Green: Quality theming. Little things like this evoke a smile and really make me appreciate the attention to detail.

Blue: No parking sign. Had to really zoom in for this one. The sign says "No Parking 2AM to 6AM". Could this be a nod to the fact that the ride will, as has been hinted, have a markedly different experience at night than during the day? ...Or is it just a piece of theming?

We'll know for sure in just a few short weeks!

MT.jpg

(@KingsIslandSP)

• Like 12

1 hour ago, calakapepe said:

Hopefully some ambient mood music or ironically peppy lumber jack esque music.

I dont think people are overeacting to the vine, I think it's just the volume of people that don't like it

Keep in mind, IMAscore is composing a soundtrack for an attraction opening this year in the US, seems like it's either Mystic Timbers or InvadR. http://www.cupcakesandcoasters.com/2017/03/cupcakes-and-coasters-meets-imascore.html (the last question of the future of IMAscore)

• Like 4